Old HI FI seperates and present project

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I am a new member and have a few questions on old hi fi gear and a new project.

I have unwrapped old hi fi seperates from my attic which is as follows, Denon DCD820, Denon TU-215RD, Denon PMA 250111, Nakamichi DR3 and B & W DM601s.

Are any of these units usefull for todays applications or are new models far better.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Do they still sound good? This is what matters... I guess a better question would be which bit to upgrade first at which point someone is going to ask about your budget, so providing that information would help. And some information about your music collection might be useful too :)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for response, I knew i had not put enough info down, it was late and I think my Mrs thought I was up to no good if you know what I mean??

The CD player I think has had its day, the Tuner I would not use, The DR30 I have no cassettes, so this leaves me with the Amp and BWs, I am looking to upgrade my media system to include new surround sound, Blue ray and music system.

In all honesty I think the BWs are the only thing I will use, I am thinking of ordering a Sony BDP-S570 player and Sony STRDH810 amp for now and using my BWs to start off, then buy extra speakers as time goes on.

What do you think??

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I agree with the last person, The sony will do in the meatime with the b&ws tighten the screws on the speakers it will help.I still use b&wsdm601s myself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts