Old Cyrus Gear

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone tell me any more about these products.

Cyrus III Intergrated amp

Cyrus DVD7 CD/DVD

How old are both these units? Sound Quality compared to the latest cyrus products? Would they pair well? Improvement on my current set up Arcam avr250 Arcam dv79

Only playing stereo music and dvds. Teamed with monitor audio rs6's

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I gave my view on your other thread but just to add...

Unfortunately, just because a product gets 5 stars, doesn't mean it will work in any given situation....synergy and balance are always vital.

It is also crucial to understand how you like your music presented, and ignoring this leads to dissatisfaction. The fact that you went for Arcam and mostly enjoy the way it sounds, gives a guide as to where you should look eg. (Arcam), Leema, Musical Fidelity, Electrocompaniet, Peachtree etc.

I think I've probably said enough at this stage, so good luck with your choices

Cno

dean111music said:

Cyrus DVD7 CD/DVD

How old are both these units? Sound Quality compared to the latest cyrus products? Would they pair well? Improvement on my current set up Arcam avr250 Arcam dv79

Cyrus and RS6s? a definite 'no no'.

Don't look at brands that won't appeal. Cyrus is good if you like a 'in ya face' presentation. Clearly as Arcam tick most of your sonic boxes, Cyrus is the Polar opposite.

As Cno says you could maximise your Arcams. Perhaps if the receiver has the connections just add a DIVA A65+. That'll give you the best of both worlds.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Current Cyrus wouldn't be an issue as it's a little warmer than it used to be. The older stuff did have a tendency towards brightness because of their lean nature, so I wouldn't recommend them to go with RS6's. Your Arcam would be a better match.

dean111music said:

Cyrus DVD7 CD/DVD

Hi dean111music

If you're happy with the system then i'll recommend that you carry on using it and save your money.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts