ok folks - help me decide on earphones for my phone

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

So the retailer I had ordered the ie8s with as expected came back and said they were not available at the price i paid my deposit at.. actually they were 3 times the price.. im not surprised really.. so i had paid about 100 pounds on them... and would like something good around the same price.. unfortunately i have to buy local - and the options are limited..

i am looking at in ears.. yesterday i actually bought the Bose ie2 but they provide no isolation at all, so going bringing them back today for a refund.. i couldnt live with them on my commute in/out to work - even though they sounded good in a quiet environment and were extremely comfortable to wear.

My alternatives are

1) Shure 115
2) Shure 215
3) etymotic hf5
4) Monster Turbines
5) Beats etc..

Can someone point me in the right direction? I listen to a lot of varied music.. i liked very much the sound of the Sennheiser ie8s I had for a while.. but they are out of my price league..

Want to buy and get sorted today at lunchtime

Other thing to consider is a lot of earphones that are designed for iphone arent 100% compatible with the Xperia Arc phone I have.. the ie8s for example - i had to hold down the button on the mic when plugging in to get them to work.. i thik the wiring is reversed on these headphones to suit the iphone

Cheers,
Mick

John Duncan

Haven't heard *any* of those models but under the hundred mark etymotic beat shure for me. I've found they fit an awful lot better than any Shures I've tried (e2c, se435, se525) and they do custom ear moulds as well if you want to look like Michael Stipe.

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
It all depends on the kind of sound you want. Balanced armatures will give you the flattest, most detailed sound, but are generally bass light, whereas dynamic driver based earphones will give a more 'fun' sound and more bass oomph. IE8s are, as far as I am aware, dynamics.

Etymotics will probably have a complete different sound signature to the SE215 or turbines.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
well in the finish i have ended up with a pair of Monster powerbeats.. will let you know how i get on.. really frustrating experience returning the Bose.. first shop said no way would they take them back, i said i checked the Bose web site and they offer a 30 day money back guarantee.. anyway after a lot of words.. they said they would contact Bose and get back to me.. half way back to the office i got a call to say they would do the refund.. so skipped back to the shop and got the refund.. popped into HMV on the way back then and spotted the powerbeats.. more than i was hoping to spend.. but the deed is done now.. i asked in the shop if i could open them before buying just to check if they would work with the phone and they obliged.. i had to hold down the mic button when plugging in but they work.. phew.. the stress of buying earphones..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts