Off to Richer Sounds to buy some interconnects.

All this fluffing around with amps over the past fortnight has knackered the interconnects from the DVD player. Chord Crimson or one of the Cambridge leads? I looking at detail and openness to the sound.

Which ones do you recommend?

Edit - currently have Chord Chrysalis.

matthewpiano

Personally I think CrimsonPlus is very hard to beat. I tried Atlas Equator II for a while but CrimsonPlus is much more open sounding in my experience.

Not sure about CA's current range. Sure they'll be decent.

idc

I helped a mate tidy up his hifi/AV setup and the Cambridge cables still looked brand new. IME they are well made and that is all you need in a cable........
emotion-2.gif

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i needed a new interconnect and got a £20 1m one from richer sounds i think it was ca aud300 without checking there website i cant remember it is a purple/bluey colour. it sits now between the turntable and the phono stage im using and i have a £50 shure lead that i use from the dac-magic to the arcam amp, i found that the detail of the cambridge audio was good and the bass was tight but the midrange was a little to forward or its that the shure lead i have just had a very smooth midrange. but it was a good buy for £20 and beat all the £5 leads i have in my flat soi cant see you being disapointed.

betamale

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
In that sort of price range, or even close, Mark Grant Canare are really brilliant. I can't get on the site at the moment, but I think they are £20.

betamale

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I must admit, I had not noticed you had made a purchase
emotion-10.gif
I am sure what you have got is just as good. I was more pointing out that The Canares are very good and often overlooked. Chord have the market covered for interconnects really ( I have several Digital ones littered around my system)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts