Obituary: Alan Roser, MD of Anthem AV Solutions

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I was saddened to hear of the death of Alan Roser, managing director of Anthem AV Solutions, from cancer at the age of 53. I met Alan on numerous occasions at the Bristol Show and other industry events, and he was always extremely helpful, enthusiastic and informative. His wife Sally and Ben Atkins, international sales/marketing manager at Anthem AV, have asked me to post this tribute which I am happy to do:

"It is with great sadness that we announce that Alan Roser, founder and MD of Anthem AV Solutions, passed away last week after a short battle with cancer aged 53.

"Alan was born in Ash Vale, Surrey and was one of two children. His early career included stints as store manager at various Rumbelows and Argos stores in the south. It was at Argos that he met his loving, devoted wife Sally 31 years ago, and they were married for 24 years. In 1994 Alan joined Owl Video in East Sussex as Technical Director before taking up the position of Managing Director in 2002 of SIM2 UK.
"Most recently, Alan was MD and owner of Anthem AV Solutions, a very successful multi-brand distributor. With over 20+ years in the industry, he will be greatly missed for his warm sense of humour and his in-depth technical knowledge of the AV and projector business. "He was often referred to as ‘Mr Grand Cinema’. He loved nothing more than standing in front of an audience speaking about the latest developments in product and technology. As per Alan's wishes, Anthem AV Solutions will continue with a new management team."

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I used to think that cancer was a disease of old age, but it certainly isn't confined to the old. He was 53, still with lots more to offer to the world and, particularly, to his family. What a shame.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I met Alan for the first time at the Bristol Show this year. Despite that, he made me feel very welcome in the Anthem room (as did the rest of the Anthem crew) and conversed with me as if we had known each other for years. I was quite chuffed that he wanted me to tell him what I personally thought of the new Paradigm speakers (with which I was very impressed). Very friendly, sound guy. Hard to believe that after meeting him just over a month ago, he's now gone.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
That's no age to leave the Earth and loved ones behind. My thoughs go out to his wife and family. Also work conlegues and any one who knew him. A great loss I'm sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts