Nvidia shield and ripping software

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
What software are you using to rip your blu rays to hd.

I'm having difficulty with jriver as I need another 3rd party blu ray reader as my laptop only came with a dvd drive.
I've brought an Asus blu ray writer but the cyberlink software does not cover blu ray playback from optical drive and jriver can't play the files I've ripped.

So what's the best software (windows 10)

All I want to do is stick.all my Blu-ray onto external hd

So many options
What's the best?

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Your post is a tad confusing, frankly.

But for ripping i'd recommend MakeMKV and for media playing/management Kodi.

I use pavetube but makemkv I use for problematic discs. Shield is mentioned in the title so use SPMC instead of Kodi as it’s optimised for shield. Makemkv will remux your discs just choose the audio tracks and video plus it’s free whilst in beta. Pavtube will remux but also convert to level you want or for mobile devices.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry about the confusion
But I've got what I need from you guys
Thanks
PS I don't expect any more reply so greatly I have 2 options

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
+1 for MakeMKV for ripping blu rays. Look no further. Its that good. Over 300 DVD and over 120 blu rays ripped so far.

I use a Mediasonic ProRAID case with 4 x 3-terabyte hard discs in RAID10 (striped and mirrored) for storage. Some will say RAID5 is good enough but I think most would agree using RAID and ideally a second backup copy is a good idea if you have more than a handful of discs backed up this way.

When using MakeMKV you can either "open" the discs and select just the movie and sound tracks you want - leaving all the trailers and other junk behind - and create an MKV file or "back up" the entire disc. Decrypting is automatic.
You need to do the latter for blu rays with Atmos sound tracks BTW.

For playback I use Cyberlink PowerDVD. One of the things I like is that you can organize your collection a little and that it will display little icons of the disc case cover art (or downloaded artwork) for each movie.

Oh and make sure your blu rays are spotless. Best to do the ripping straight from the mailbox before anyone else gets their greasy paws on the discs.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
+1 for MakeMKV for ripping blu rays. Look no further. Its that good. Over 300 DVD and over 120 blu rays ripped so far.

I use a Mediasonic ProRAID case with 4 x 3-terabyte hard discs in RAID10 (striped and mirrored) for storage. Some will say RAID5 is good enough but I think most would agree using RAID and ideally a second backup copy is a good idea if you have more than a handful of discs backed up this way.

When using MakeMKV you can either "open" the discs and select just the movie and sound tracks you want - leaving all the trailers and other junk behind - and create an MKV file or "back up" the entire disc. Decrypting is automatic.

For playback I use Cyberlink PowerDVD. One of the things I like is that you can organize your collection a little and that it will display little icons of the disc case cover art (or downloaded artwork) for each movie.

Oh and make sure your blu rays are spotless. Best to do the ripping straight from the mailbox before anyone else gets their greasy paws on the discs.

Thank you

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:

How are you getting on with the Sony x800 regards freezing?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
No freezes yet. But then we've only played two or three discs.

I bought a second unit yesterday BTW. So now we have one upstairs in the media room and one downstairs in the living room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts