Best Ripping Software for DVDs?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Looking for something other than makeMKV.

I'm ripping my UK DVD collection to the computer so I can play it back on my US equipment.

In the past I've used anyDVD-HD and makeMKV to rip Blu-Rays and they always showed up as one homogenous "thing" on PowerDVD.

Now I'm ripping my DVDs and every single chapter, or "Title" is showing up as a unique "thing".

Thoughts / suggestions?

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Looking for something other than makeMKV.

I'm ripping my UK DVD collection to the computer so I can play it back on my US equipment.

In the past I've used anyDVD-HD and makeMKV to rip Blu-Rays and they always showed up as one homogenous "thing" on PowerDVD.

Now I'm ripping my DVDs and every single chapter, or "Title" is showing up as a unique "thing".

Thoughts / suggestions?

I've not used those programs so they may be different, is there not an option to do a straight copy as well? Many people want the facility to rip just the movie without foreign language soundtracks, trailers, special features etc. to save hard drive space so you have the option to select the streams you want to not rip. I used to use DVD decrypter and it had the option to rip the whole disc or select certain program streams to rip, either to your hard drive or burn a new region free disc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts