Nuforce U-dac 2 or HRT Music Streamer 2?

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I am looking for a dac to pair my akg k702 and musical fidelity x-cans. Anyone heard these 2? Or any suggestions at 100 pounds?

steven123

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the hrt music streamer 2 and it was a big improvement over my asus xonar soundcard. But it hasnt got a built in headphone amp, so you will need to buy an amplifier. The u-dac 2 has a built in amp right?

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
yes the nuforce has a built in headphone amplifier, but I already have my x-cans (headphone amplifier) so that is not a deciding factor. How would you characterise the sound quality of the hrt?

steven123

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When i compared it to the asus xonar it is really neutral, with a big soundstage and a lot of detail. I use them with the wharfedale diamond 10.1, but according to some user reviews it can be used with more expensive speakers. The whathifi review is also very good. So if you like a neutral sound it is perfect, but i can imagine that some people prefer a more warm presentation(less detail more midrange and bass).

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Well my akg's have exactly the same qualities, I fear it might be too much of a good thing since the akg's also lack bass

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
zwanchef:Hi,i've just recieved my NuForce uDAChp from the states but my other half has hidden it until xmas day!!!!!

Lucky man, any chance you can sneak it out and review it for me?

zwanchef

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Found it !!!! Plugged it into my nc10 & wow wow wow,what an amazing diferance !

Just using spotify free everything is clearer,crisper without being harsh,instraments are seperated drums sound like drums ,bass is well bass sounding.

listened to the Dark Knight & Avatar soundtracks wow i can not tell you how good they sound.

By the way i'm listening through SR80's fantastic.

Highly recomended,must be the best bang for buck there is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts