#nowspinning. What you spinning #nowplaying

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

spl84

Jul 17, 2023
Visit site
When I was a senior in high school(2002) I bought the Beatles #1 album as it was just being released on cd and I loved that mix of tracks. So when I saw it on the record shelf I knew I had to have it on vinyl. The 2x LP sounds amazing even though I feel pretty sure that it's digitally sourced. I have to give credit where credit is due.

Oxfordian

When I was a senior in high school(2002) I bought the Beatles #1 album as it was just being released on cd and I loved that mix of tracks. So when I saw it on the record shelf I knew I had to have it on vinyl. The 2x LP sounds amazing even though I feel pretty sure that it's digitally sourced. I have to give credit where credit is due.
I don't mind vinyl being digitally sourced, I realise that there are a multitude of reasons why the master analogue tapes are not used. All I ask is that the team doing the work at the mixing and remastering console do their jobs to the very best of their ability with a view to getting the best possible analogue sound out of the digital source.

Oh, and when the LP is being pressed I hope that the stamper used is replaced regularly to maximise the quality of the vinyl.

Not too much to ask is it?

Reactions: Freddy58 and spl84

spl84

Jul 17, 2023
Visit site
I don't mind vinyl being digitally sourced, I realise that there are a multitude of reasons why the master analogue tapes are not used. All I ask is that the team doing the work at the mixing and remastering console do their jobs to the very best of their ability with a view to getting the best possible analogue sound out of the digital source.

Oh, and when the LP is being pressed I hope that the stamper used is replaced regularly to maximise the quality of the vinyl.

Not too much to ask is it?
Yeah I tend to agree. I do also ask that the label are upfront about their processes though. Don't tell me it's "all analogue" when it's been digitized. To the point, some digital formats these days are insanely high quality, such as DSD. As long as it's being done with good intentions and not to take shortcuts or to cheap out, it's all good!

nads

A bit of Mr Clarke
oJMncdc.jpg

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts