Nover caps...

britain4

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered some of these off eBay in 10000uf/50v for my power supply in my amp, I googled the name at the time and remembered seeing a number of glowing reviews for them and the seller has good feedback so I thought I would take a punt.

Now I was clearly on something when I thought I’d found a load of glowing reviews for them because now I’ve fitted them into the amp I’ve googled them again and can’t find anything but people saying they are cheap rubbish and throwing pictures like this around

Anyone have any clue if they are “decent” in terms of actually having the value printed on them..?

FakeCapacitor1.jpg

Gray

Let's hope the photo is not representative of what you've bought.

Because, obviously, whatever's printed on the outer casing is totally meaningless. This one clearly isn't going to do what it says on the tin. I hope it's correctly polarised, relative to the black case! (I shouldn't joke, it's not funny)

You can get a Panasonic version of that (inner) cap for £1.06.

britain4

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Gray said:
Let's hope the photo is not representative of what you've bought.

Because, obviously, whatever's printed on the outer casing is totally meaningless. This one clearly isn't going to do what it says on the tin. I hope it's correctly polarised, relative to the black case! (I shouldn't joke, it's not funny)

You can get a Panasonic version of that (inner) cap for £1.06.

Indeed. That’s not a Nover cap, fake or otherwise, but still a scary thought, it’s not even the same voltage!

nopiano said:
I've never heard of them, but I don't follow component makers. Why not contact the firm in this link, by phone, who seem to be genuine importers. Maybe you've seen fakes on eBay , which shouldn't be a huge shock.

http://www.epdtonthenet.net/company/8968/Anglia-Components-Ltd.aspx#

I don’t either, I can find very little info on them other than passing comments about them often being used in Chinese made amps and being “cheap”. The caps are actually very nicely finished, in gloss black with embossed gold lettering, as well as being so inexpensive in the first place I would be very surprised if they were fakes. I’ll have a look at that link there thank you.

I can only find a handful of actual reviews all of which seem positive, some including measurements, so they’ll probably stay where they are for now. Won’t stop the “what if?” in the back of my mind though so I’ll probably end up trying some known branded ones in there at some point.

TRENDING THREADS