not got an itch but got the bug!!

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
so i'm listening to some music, volume is at a reasonable leval...then abit higher for more punch.

i'm starting to recognize that the mid range isn't all that,that bass is abit muddled....higher freq is abit shrill.....omg...i got the bug :help:

now i know my speakers were also going to be the weak link in hifi listening,but how come the sound i want can be heard from outside my kitchen door(while having a cig)then when i walk into the living room it's a muddled mess...... :?

i'm hooked,i've never been able to disect sound from speakers to the leval i am now doing(or wanted to for that matter)i can't believe i now know what i want.the hours of reading threads and posts aswell as reviews from the 'top-end' guys from here is being digested and in some part understood.

i can now justify the£1000 for a pair of speakers,if they give me what i want...i can understand why one would have the hassle of organizing a home demo as opposed to listening in shop and handing 'ya card over.

in the next year or two i will be in the market for some serious floorstanders as i don't think the bookshelves i had in mind which was going to be incorperated into my current av set-up will cut it for hifi.

the problem i now face is placemant,finding room for the badboys.....

what started a little over a year ago as just a one buy automatic fix has taken over my consious mind.....even at work i'm replanning my living space :doh:

so anyways,excuse my ramblings but please guys keep up the reviews and comparrasons,they are very much appreciated :cheers:

We all have periods where you feel the urge. Sometimes you can succumbe to the itch (sorry it's not a itch) and other times you think: "Why?" I've learnt that unless it's essential then I tend to stick.

What you need to do is to write down (physically write in a jotter) the pros and cons of your system, and if the cons outweigh the pros then change a component.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
GSB said:
how come the sound i want can be heard from outside my kitchen door(while having a cig)then when i walk into the living room it's a muddled mess...... :?

This shouldn't be happening and would appear to demonstrate you are happy with your system but not what it is doing in your room. Can you please describe you room size / layout / furnishing and listening position? Photo would help. We may be able to save you a lot of money!

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
here's my layout Ben,as best as i can take i'm affraid.....room is approx 10ftx20ft

7614908872_ced9fec70f_m.jpg
7614905144_4ab1784c8f_m.jpg
7256917434_9eb6d314b9_m.jpg

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
trouble is pp,the tv can only go in that corner,maybe there may be abit of play to accom floorstanders,but thats probably all.

will have a read up on those iq's :cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
trouble is pp,the tv can only go in that corner,maybe there may be abit of play to accom floorstanders,but thats probably all.

will have a read up on those iq's :cheers:

I've heard IQ5/IQ7 and owned IQ9s, so if I can help....just ask.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
cno your opinion is always welcome and of course if you could let me have your current F/L speakers for under 500quid i'd be most happy :rofl:...it is in fact a system i'd like to aspire too :grin:

i'm being very swayed by the Rseries,maybe the R500/700 would be a little overkill for my avr,but the R100/300 could be intragrated into the current 5.1 set-up.

:rofl: mrs has been taking the 'P' out of me for crawling around with a tape measure..... :roll:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
cno your opinion is always welcome and of course if you could let me have your current F/L speakers for under 500quid i'd be most happy :rofl:...it is in fact a system i'd like to aspire too :grin:

i'm being very swayed by the Rseries,maybe the R500/700 would be a little overkill for my avr,but the R100/300 could be intragrated into the current 5.1 set-up.

:rofl: mrs has been taking the 'P' out of me for crawling around with a tape measure..... :roll:

The R series is the way to go.

Mrs Cno realized that I'd lost the plot years ago and has pretty much given up on me......though seeing me with a measuring tape is never a good omen.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
GSB said:

Mrs Cno realized that I'd lost the plot years ago and has pretty much given up on me......though seeing me with a measuring tape is never a good omen.

It is when Mrs. Cno gets out her measuring tape and starts measuring you up ( for your coffin) is when you know you have gone too far and should start worrying !

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
It is when Mrs. Cno gets out her measuring tape and starts measuring you up ( for your coffin) is when you know you have gone too far and should start worrying !

:)

Mrs Cno got the measure of me a long time ago!! :wall:

CnoEvil said:
GSB said:

...especially on this forum. Any mention of tape measures will have Mr. Duncan skipping along. :rofl:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts