Nostalgia strikes....

It would appear Heybrook speakers are making a comeback with Mr. Comeau still in the driving seat.
I owned the original HB1's and later the HB3's and they were both excellent.
No sign of actual specifications of the new speakers but price including stands looks favourable.

I know it's all about sound quality, but I can't get my head around the current retro trend. At least if they are reasonably-priced, that's bucking said trend!

EDIT: if they are British, why are they designed to 'honor...'? Tut tut...
Agreed, shoot the proof-reader.
They are certainly a tad more expensive than my original HB1's..... :)
However, if they sound as good.....
What galls me is the price some manufacturers charge for the stands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethics Gradient
Nice to see them also doing the original stands, but £3250?! That's over 10 times what they originally cost! I appreciate it was three decades ago, but even so. I was expecting something around the £1500 mark. Stick these with a Naim Nait 50 and you've got a £6k amp/speaker combo that cost little over £500 back in the day.

Retro designed loudspeakers need to be competitive with current loudspeakers in their price range. If they're not, spending that sort of money purely on nostalgia is ridiculous. Some retro speakers just won't be competitive due to older driver layouts/design, which no amount of high quality components or drivers will be able to change.

Nice to see a sealed box design, but these need to sound pretty damn good for £3k.

Reactions: Jasonovich
Nice to see them also doing the original stands, but £3250?! That's over 10 times what they originally cost! I appreciate it was three decades ago, but even so. I was expecting something around the £1500 mark. Stick these with a Naim Nait 50 and you've got a £6k amp/speaker combo that cost little over £500 back in the day.

Retro designed loudspeakers need to be competitive with current loudspeakers in their price range. If they're not, spending that sort of money purely on nostalgia is ridiculous. Some retro speakers just won't be competitive due to older driver layouts/design, which no amount of high quality components or drivers will be able to change.

Nice to see a sealed box design, but these need to sound pretty damn good for £3k.
Not too sure where £3250 came from.... Care to explain?
Are you adding the cost of the stands onto the cost of the complete package perchance?
Also we are assuming they are sealed box like the original ones but it doesn't actually state that as far as I can see.
The trend in costs seem similar to all the other new retro designs that have flooded the market lately.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts