1.25m mains cable - £8795

0.6m interconnect - £11500

1m pair speaker cable - £14995

1.25m digital cable - £7995

opinions.....

mmichbam

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Expensive, yes. But why shouldn't the hifi industry cater for every body. Not every body has that kind of money, I unfortunately I am one of those. But there are people out there that do.

There are people who will spend millions on classic cars or works of art it's their choice and good luck to them. A lot of extremely extensive items have very little intrinsic value, I guess it's the same in the hifi industry.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I would be ok with those prices if there was some justification in terms of the raw materials and the labour required but no matter how rich I was I would object to paying so much for what is ultimately a bit of copper.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I would like to hear the difference that they might make in an appropriately expensive system......hard to see how they would be VFM though. :shifty:

I preferred the cheaper Atlas Mavros to the very expensive Asimi (Silver) when I heard them both demoed.

T

the record spot

You'll find a happy home for products like this on the Hoffman forum, plenty of folk there who'll defend products like this. Someone only recently voiced a supposedly reasoned defence for a $1000 USB to go into a DAC. The reasoning was a tad priceless...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm not annoyed by the company for charging those prices, because if people are stupid enough to waste their money on them, then the company should be more than willing to take that money from them.

But I am annoyed that people choose to spend excessive money on goods that provide little or no extra quality.

I can honestly say that if like these people, I had more money than I needed or could spend on improving my life, then I would give it away to people who have nothing at all.

There's nothing wrong with having money, but there's everything wrong with wasting it.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Tear Drop said:
A ludicrous amount of money to make your system sound awful.

Why would they make your system sound any worse than any other cable?

In order to sound different ('better') they may well have some strange electrical characteristics which in fact distort the signal compared to generic copper cables.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
This thread again?

Although I would be interested in listening to the demonstrations they do showing off the whole range and the differences that can be heard with each change. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I do not believe these involved blind testing.

U

unknown

thanks all for replies/input. any further comments on ;-

russ andrews silver superkord signature - sd mk 2 :-

24 silver conductors (not cheaper silver plaited copper) plus sawyer disks (mains filters) attached to cable.£3156 per m.

not cheap, but a combination of a mains cable plus a mains filter in one product hence could be classed as a component in its own right.

nordost odin mains cable:-

silver plaited copper (only) no filters (correct me if i'm wrong) £8795 per 1.25m for basically a cable with a plug on either end.

opinions.........

(and no i dont work for russ andrews)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Tear Drop said:
A ludicrous amount of money to make your system sound awful.
I agree with The_Lhc's question regarding this statement, and it is one I would've asked myself.

It's the hifi industry through and through.
Why is the industry I work in negatively criticised because one cable manufacturer has produced some cables that you feel are 'ludicrously' expensive?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
mikefarrow said:
anybody else ?

As with everything else (including all cables at all prices) in this industry, they are there for those that want to purchase them. No one is forced to buy any specific quality or price of cable - everyone is free to choose based on looks, price, and dare I say it, sound quality. A good dealer will let you take a cable or two home, try them out in your own system, and if you don't like them, return them with no obligation - or keep them if you feel they are worth the asking price.

U

unknown

any other opinions ? has anybody attended a nordost odin demo ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts