Nord NC500 Monoblock Power Amplifiers

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
Just tried to access the Nord site but its not loading.

Anyone else?

Also find it difficult to access at times, drummerman. Keep trying and it should load. Don't know why but the sight seems a bit temperamental. One footnote to my previous post. Have read a number of posts and reviews recently where there has been a preference for the Sparkos. 6moons audio is the latest. Also back the idea of lengthy burn in. I know I'm tempting fate here with this statement but my ears and brain support it!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Pedro2 said:
drummerman said:

Anyone else?

Also find it difficult to access at times, drummerman. Keep trying and it should load. Don't know why but the sight seems a bit temperamental. One footnote to my previous post. Have read a number of posts and reviews recently where there has been a preference for the Sparkos. 6moons audio is the latest. Also back the idea of lengthy burn in. I know I'm tempting fate here with this statement but my ears and brain support it!

All solved. Thanks

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
Pedro2 said:
drummerman said:

Anyone else?

All solved. Thanks

I have major problem loading the site on my android cell phone but works ok on win 10 laptop

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just read another glowing review of the new Linn Klimax in HiFi Wigwam. Again reviewer rates as the best he's ever heard from digital source (the new analogue?). Then saw the other kit listed; amplifier is the Nord One 500 Up.

Well done Colin! Your amps are being used in some rarified systems...... and at a fraction of the cost of the Linn.

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Another great review of the Nord in '6moons'. It's partnered with some expensive gear and comes through with flying colours. Although the review is a little 'flowery' in places, there's some good explanation of Class D amps and how they've evolved. Also describes the difference between the Sparkos and Sonic Imagery Op Amps (I've switched to the former). Also got some great photos (extremely useful if you're planning on swopping op amps as it stops you getting them the wrong way round!!!)

Short extract below:

'Returning to the Aptica instantly reset all the markers of exploded soundstaging, tremendous resolution and non-sterile clarity with elegant tonality.'

Enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts