Nord Hypex Amps

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Finally took delivery of one of the Nord Hypex amps through Colin at IQ Speakers on Friday. I'd heard much about them but was buying blind apart from a couple of long phone calls with Colin as I contemplated whether one of the Nord Amps, or Linn Exakt, was th e best upgrade route for me at this point.

After a few hours on Friday and the same again today I can say that all the testimonials I have read are absolutely spot on - these amps are simply ridiculously good. Masses of power, control and coupled with my (also newly acquired) Linn Akurate DSM, I have a sound and a system that I have coveted for many years.

For the record I have no affiliation with IQ Speakers, or Colin, whatsoever but can't speak highly enough of these or how helpful he is thrioughout the process. Just my 2p but anyone looking for am absolute top line amp that would shame many costing twice the price I'd give these a look.

Am off back to the music....*biggrin*

Paulq said:
Finally took delivery of one of the Nord Hypex amps through Colin at IQ Speakers on Friday. I'd heard much about them but was buying blind apart from a couple of long phone calls with Colin as I contemplated whether one of the Nord Amps, or Linn Exakt, was th e best upgrade route for me at this point.

After a few hours on Friday and the same again today I can say that all the testimonials I have read are absolutely spot on - these amps are simply ridiculously good. Masses of power, control and coupled with my (also newly acquired) Linn Akurate DSM, I have a sound and a system that I have coveted for many years.

For the record I have no affiliation with IQ Speakers, or Colin, whatsoever but can't speak highly enough of these or how helpful he is thrioughout the process. Just my 2p but anyone looking for am absolute top line amp that would shame many costing twice the price I'd give these a look.

Am off back to the music....*biggrin*

Very nice to hear you're enjoying these. Well done Colin for persevering in this enterprise.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a pair of the Nord monoblocks and agree that they are great. I have tried all the different op amps and have found the Sonic Imagery to be the best. Of course others may prefer the Burson or Sparkos and a lot of this prefence comes down to what the rest of you set up is. As a matter of interest which op amps are you using.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I can back up your findings. I listened to the Nord NC500 stereo power amp at colin's with the S2TLk speakers and it was really remarkable. Just on that alone I ordered a pair of the speakers. For the money they really are ridiculously good.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Coll said:
I have a pair of the Nord monoblocks and agree that they are great. I have tried all the different op amps and have found the Sonic Imagery to be the best. Of course others may prefer the Burson or Sparkos and a lot of this prefence comes down to what the rest of you set up is. As a matter of interest which op amps are you using.

Hi Coll

I am also using the Sonic Imagery amps and am glad I picked that one as, apart from discussing at length with Colin, I bought blind really. As I type the Nord is on and is improving with every hour I use it. I couldn't have picked a better amp for the price and, together with the Linn Akurate DSM, it's allowing me to hear a perspective on music that I have never heard before.

This will be a long term system for me. Glad you enjoy the Nords too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts