Non-KEF center for Q500s

pog451

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Third time lucky! (man this forum does NOT like Internet explorer)

As a result fo a spiontaneous sale purchase at a local furniture store (! yes, I know) I am now the proud owner of two white Q500s being bi-amped from a Yamaha rx-v573. Loving them so far.

This is supposed to be the start of my first 5.1 system, although as my listening is 70% audio the 5.1 stuff is not going to initially be up to the standard of the KEFs. The rears are going to be remote JBL control 2.4s, Im not (yet) looking at a sub.

I know the standard thinking is "all front speakers one make/range" but having looked at the Q200c, its HUGE and to be honest, out of my remaining budget.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a physically smaller (and ideally cheaper) center that wont totaly trash the sound of the Q500s? Im in Germany surrounded by Canton and Elac stuff and Im happy to go used (especially as I need it in white so will probably have to do a re-spray) so please make off-the wall suggestions if you have them.

Is there any advantage to at least sticking to KEF/JBL or does the fact that Im not going all KEF mean any mix and match will do? Ive even seen suggestions of using two Controls lying down in parallel to each other, but I dont think that will get past the wife.

Thanks for any ideas and yes, i know there would be other/better ways to go about this but this is the way Ive chosen. my listening room is an "L", the TV and the Q500s are on the inside "knee" of that with the main listening position about 3m in front and the rears another 2m behind that (if that helps). No, Im not going to win any prizes for sonic fidelity, I want it to be fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts