No TV sound from cinema system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok I know I'm probably missing something simple but I need some help!

Just got a new Panasonic Vierra TV and BT-200 home cinema system. Connected the two together with HDMI cable but get no sound from TV when BT-200 is on!

TV sounds works great on its own, DVD's play and sound fine on the BT-200!

Come on guys, this has got to be something simple but I just can't fathom it!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The HDMI socket on the system is just an output, so won't carry TV sound back to the system. You need a second connection from the TV's digital output to the system's digital input, to carry TV sound.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Aah. An easy one!
emotion-5.gif

The HDMI is transferring picture into your TV, but you need either a pair of phono cables or a digital cable (depending on what outputs your TV has on the back) running from the TV and into your cinema system.

EDIT: Andrew beat me to it!

A

Anonymous

That's great guys! Is that the optical digital cable they seem to refer to in the manual? It reads as though it's optional, maybe it isn't!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
keredwh:That's great guys! Is that the optical digital cable they seem to refer to in the manual? It reads as though it's optional, maybe it isn't!

Well, it's optional unless you want to hear TV through the home cinema system!

Many people don't bother, only using the Home Cinema System for movies, but I'm the same as you. If you've got a system in place, why listen to the ropey TV speakers?

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:
keredwh:That's great guys! Is that the optical digital cable they seem to refer to in the manual? It reads as though it's optional, maybe it isn't!

Well, it's optional unless you want to hear TV through the home cinema system!

So it would seem! And having just sat the missus down to watch a film, the sound is so good I MUST get an optical cable asap! lol

Thanks for the help guys.

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I have just set up the SC BT205 ( the same as the BT 200 but with tallboy speakers). You will also need to set the EX-IN for Digital In 1 for TV and Digital In 2 if you connect a set top box to the blu ray player with an optical digital lead.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I'll make a note. I'm actually going to give the built in Freesat a trial run to see if it does what I need it to do. Other wise we'll connect the Sky box as you say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts