No Sound from TV through SR 606.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am after a bit of advice please. I cannot get sound from my LG 42px5d TV through my Onkyo SR606 to my speakers. I have no problems with my PS3, Wii, DVD player or Onkyo dock, but my TV is really driving me up the wall. I reckon it is probably something simple, but I need help from you. I am open to suggestions please.  Thanks. 

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the response. I have tried a cable from the audio out on the TV(red and yellow) to various ports on the amp but had no joy. I hope the audio cable is the red and yellow. This might sound daft, but this is new to me.

nads

audio out should be red and white. yellow is for pictures.

plug the red and white into the TV (on amp) audio in and then in the menu set it up to play (if not pre set).

A

Anonymous

Told you I'm a bit of a doughnut. I just cannot get it to work. I think I will have to get someone out to do it for me. Thanks for your responses. Appreciated.

nads

ok on the back of the amp there is a red and white set of connections called gave/TV and you should have a red and a white audio out on the TV. connect and press game/TV on the amp remote. and there should be sound.

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/ir_img/19731654_ad584c7b76.jpg

19731654_ad584c7b76.jpg

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I dunno if certain TVs have an 'Audio In' or not. So double check the red/white connections on the back of the TV are 'Outs' not 'Ins'.

If your TV has an optical output, you can use this instead.

A

Anonymous

Hi, Been away from pc for a few days. Thanks for the update. I do have a red and white audio out on my tv and I have connected this into the back of my onkyo in the 'game/tv' port. I still do not get any sound and I have gone through the set up on the reciever but to no avail. However i must admit, I do not quite understand some of the terminology. I have played about to the best of my knowledge(limited) but feel it is something simple and I am obviously overlooking. My tv does not have an optical out. My tv model No is 42PX5D-EB if this is any use.

ÿThanks.ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Game/TV input is set as default to expect audio from one of the HDMI inputs - HDMI 4. To change this you go into the input assign menu - manual, page 43 - to tell the receiver not to expect audio from HDMI.

Then use the input selector (on which you select Game/TV) and digital input button (which you should set to 'analogue') to tell it to take sound from the line-in audio sockets on the Game/TV input. See page 46 of the manual for this bit

A

Anonymous

I would like to express my thanks at you guys for helping me out. I have finally done it. First time I have used a forum, now dead happy. Once again thank you.

ÿ

Pilko. ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts