No plinths on Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 review this month??

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Reading through the review of the speaker packages and noticed that the RX6's didnt have the "ash trays" attached. Were they reviewed like this or has MA binned them?? Or did the reviewers not fit them?? Just wondering??

Thanks

John

deanhartley

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
All we can imagine is that the photographers forgot to fit them. By the way; we used reader and user comments that suggested the previous RS series plinth was too 'fussy' and that people wanted just a simple, plain plinth design.

Sometimes- ya just can't win.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, speakers are reviewed and then packed up and go to photography, or sometimes the other way round. So don't read too much into the 'no plinths' picture.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Can the RX6 spikes be screwed directly into the base of the cabinets, doing without the plinth, as you could do with the RS6?

I have the RS, hoping to change to RX, but the missus is extremely anti-plinth :)

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I like my plinths on my rx6!! Although they are cunningly disguised by the gloss black finish. They make a huge difference to the stability of the speakers if children are buzzing about, unlike my old speakers.

John

Sliced Bread

deanhartley said:
All we can imagine is that the photographers forgot to fit them. By the way; we used reader and user comments that suggested the previous RS series plinth was too 'fussy' and that people wanted just a simple, plain plinth design.

Sometimes- ya just can't win.

Plinths are a great idea, but for what it's worth my opinion of the RX6 ones is that it would look much better if it was square wood.

The rest of the speaker is very attractive though.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Slightly OT, but I thought the photography of the 5.1 speakers this month was very, very 8) best yet! :)

Yeah, initially I wondered why the Radiance 2's looked like they were about to topple over but then realised that all the shots had that leaning-tower-of-Pisa effect. Stylish! Would have preferred the rubber feet on the sub though, something a little vicious about 2" of spike showing!

TRENDING THREADS