No headphones socket

dezebell

Oct 11, 2024
Visit site
Hi I have a turntable,amp,and cd player. I would like to listen to my turntable on headphones. But there is no headphones socket on my amp. However there is one on the cd player. Is there any way I can use this to listen to my turntable.
Thanks

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I have no experience of head amps in this price range but you need something to plug them into so I guess anything is better than what you have at present. You'll need RCA connection from your amp so look for RCA input on the head amp. Amazon is probably the best place to look, a couple of names could be Behringer and Fosi, failing that maybe any other Chinese brand.
N.B. Please ensure your Cambridge amp has a tape or rec output.
Any questions just come back, there's plenty of guys on here who can help, including me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

Steve983

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I was interested in this question and went looking on EBay

This little unit would solve your problem although I have no idea about the resulting sound quality.
Just plug the phono lead from your T/T into the input and then an output lead can go to your amp - not to the phono input but a 'line level' input like the Aux. You can then plug your headphones into this and won't need your amp on if just listening through headphones.

Reactions: DougK1

dezebell

Oct 11, 2024
Visit site
I have no experience of head amps in this price range but you need something to plug them into so I guess anything is better than what you have at present. You'll need RCA connection from your amp so look for RCA input on the head amp. Amazon is probably the best place to look, a couple of names could be Behringer and Fosi, failing that maybe any other Chinese brand.
N.B. Please ensure your Cambridge amp has a tape or rec output.
Any questions just come back, there's plenty of guys on here who can help, including me.
I found a pre amp for £40. It's brilliant. HiFi MM MC Stereo Turntable Amplifier Mini Headphone Stage Preamp Headphone Amp. Got it on eBay. Can use my headphones. And it makes the my hifi sound awesome. Has bass treble and volume. For the money I would highly recommend.

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I found a pre amp for £40. It's brilliant. HiFi MM MC Stereo Turntable Amplifier Mini Headphone Stage Preamp Headphone Amp. Got it on eBay. Can use my headphones. And it makes the my hifi sound awesome. Has bass treble and volume. For the money I would highly recommend.
Excellent(y)If you're going to highly recommend then a make and model would be handy, or a link to said item(y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts