Question No audio from HDMI audio extractor?

Bungle73

Nov 20, 2020
Visit site
All I want to be able to do is watch movies on Amazon Prime on my home cinema setup. Why is it so hard??

I bought a Fire Stick, and an HDMI audio extractor, so that I could extract the 5.1 sound and send that to my amp while the image goes to my projector. But whatever I do I get zero sound out of my amp! What gives? I've managed to get some sound if I try sending the image to TV, but I want to use my projector.

abacus

That's a blast from the past, how is your firestick connected, is it direct to the interface which then passes through to the projector.

The details on the interface are pretty minimal, however the firestick (Assuming it works like other devices) will probably need to be set to output bitstream over HDMI, but it may be worth trying the PCM option (If available) as well just in case.

Make sure you have the digital output of the interface to the correct digital input of the receiver and it is set to receive bitstream data. (If you output PCM make sure the receiver is set to PCM)

The other possibility is that the interface does not have the proper security protocols on-board (It is a cheap one) to allow it to output the data. (Note: It may be worth trying the analogue out on the interface and connecting to an analogue input on the receiver to see if you get any signal that way)

Try the switch on the interface in different positions to see if this solves your problem.

Trial and error is the only way here (Due to the age of the equipment) but you may need a better interface.

Bill

Bungle73

Nov 20, 2020
Visit site
I've got the firestick plugged into the audio extractor, and HDMI cable running from that to the projector, and a toslink cable to the amp. I've tried every combination there is and nothing works. If I stick the HDMI into the TV it works. If I remove the cable it works. If I stick it into the projector the sound stops.

Am I going to have to resort to watching Prime movies on the TV?

Bungle73

Nov 20, 2020
Visit site
The issue you have is that your amp won't support most audio codecs that are used today. Have you checked eBay & AV forums for used amps? You can find a very good deal there.

Well it supports DD and DTS, and that is all I need.

I could do that I suppose. I bought the one I have on eBay, a long time ago.

TRENDING THREADS