Nine years and still gong strong.

Not sure whether I'm lucky or not but my Xpression 1 is still faultless: No hums, belt still the original... the only thing I've changed is the cart a couple of times. Recently replaced the Ortofon with a Clear Audio Concept cart - fairly substantial uplift.

I've hankered after a Gyrodec for a while but for VFM the budget Pro-ject is hard to beat, and all for a miserly £200.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Met the main man at Michell Engineering at the Bristol show what a gent, lovely products. I think I would like one just to look at, i have no LP's!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
They don't make 'em like they used to. My Thorens TD160 is over 40 years old and the only thing I've ever changed is the belt, the bearing oil and the cartridge.

D

Deleted member 2457

Post edited by moderator. Please do not attack other members of the forum.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
....that escalated quickly.

Anyway plastic, my Debut Phono is 12 years old (ish) and getting its first replacement cartridge this weekend.... It's fair to say I'm quite excited.

like you, I've had no problems at all.... A few years in the middle with very limited use, but used quite often now.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think it was like this around here. PP is longtime member, community champion, nice guy and I totally don't approve of some of the comments in this thread.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This forum baffles me sometimes...

plastic penguin said:
I've hankered after a Gyrodec for a while

stevebrock said:
keep it if it does the job !

if you win the lottery buy a Gryodec !

plastic penguin said:
@ steve: Patronizing isn't required. Or are you BBB in disguise? Don't need to win the lottery to buy a Gyrodec. I've a full enough life outside of hi-fi that doesn't need any preaching.

stevebrock said:
[totally goes off on one]

How did that little exchange come about? I can't see steve's first reply as anything but a like-minded response to PP's comments about hankering after a Gyrodec - why it was seen as patronising I've no idea. Then steve massively over-reacts to that...

PP and steve have both been solidly 'good guys' during my time on the forum, what on earth's gone on here? Oh well...

D

Deleted member 2457

Personally I am sick and tired of the comments being made towards PP, it has to stop now. Or else it will be met with similar comments back, until the original comments are met with bans. No more!

D

Deleted member 108165

thescarletpronster said:

How did that little exchange come about? I can't see steve's first reply as anything but a like-minded response to PP's comments about hankering after a Gyrodec - why it was seen as patronising I've no idea. Then steve massively over-reacts to that...

PP and steve have both been solidly 'good guys' during my time on the forum, what on earth's gone on here? Oh well...

I'm lost too. In all my dealings with PP he has always been an honest and decent guy, so is steve. I'm confused.*scratch_one-s_head*

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DougK said:
I'm lost too. In all my dealings with PP he has always been an honest and decent guy, so is steve. I'm confused.*scratch_one-s_head*

Sorry it's me who's lost.
kiss.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:

plastic penguin said:

stevebrock said:

plastic penguin said:
@ steve: Patronizing isn't required. Or are you BBB in disguise? Don't need to win the lottery to buy a Gyrodec. I've a full enough life outside of hi-fi that doesn't need any preaching.

stevebrock said:

I can't see steve's first reply as anything but a like-minded response to PP's comments about hankering after a Gyrodec - why it was seen as patronising I've no idea.

This is what he does. He (either deliberately, or through paranoia) misinterprets what people write.

If gel had bothered to properly read what Steve originally wrote, and PPs reaction to it, maybe he wouldn't have been so hard on Steve. Yes, Steve's reaction could have been better articulated, but just like me, he's sick of not being able to contradict anything PP says, or just simply write something on his post, without gettng a paranoid, over-the-top reaction.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
thescarletpronster said:

plastic penguin said:

stevebrock said:

plastic penguin said:

stevebrock said:

I can't see steve's first reply as anything but a like-minded response to PP's comments about hankering after a Gyrodec - why it was seen as patronising I've no idea.

This is what he does. He (either deliberately, or through paranoia) misinterprets what people write.

If gel had bothered to properly read what Steve originally wrote, and PPs reaction to it, maybe he wouldn't have been so hard on Steve. Yes, Steve's reaction could have been better articulated, but just like me, he's sick of not being able to contradict anything PP says, or just simply write something on his post, without gettng a paranoid, over-the-top reaction.
No excuse for personal insults, which are happening more and more towards PP! He never insulted him.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
thescarletpronster said:

plastic penguin said:

stevebrock said:

plastic penguin said:

stevebrock said:

No excuse for personal insults, which are happening more and more towards PP! He never insulted him.

No, he insulted both Steve and myself, because Steve wasn't patronising him, and I wasn't involved at all.

If you remember gel, I offered to stay away from PPs threads, and stop getting involved in football threads, as long as he did the same. He didn't refuse, he just didn't acknowledge what I'd written. Why? Because it didn't fit in with the PP is good, BBB is evil plotline he's spent so much time creating in his own head. You and others can continue to believe it if you like, but it's not the truth.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
thescarletpronster said:

plastic penguin said:

stevebrock said:

plastic penguin said:

stevebrock said:

No, he insulted both Steve and myself, because Steve wasn't patronising him, and I wasn't involved at all.

If you remember gel, I offered to stay away from PPs threads, and stop getting involved in football threads, as long as he did the same. He didn't refuse, he just didn't acknowledge what I'd written. Why? Because it didn't fit in with the PP is good, BBB is evil plotline he's spent so much time creating in his own head. You and others can continue to believe it if you like, but it's not the truth.
Can we just agree to keep the language towards each other clean then? I will?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel said:

The swear word you used the other day was your first ever wasn't it? I don't think you need to address your use of bad language.

If he continues to misinterpret what I and others write, then he will continue to get what's coming to him. I've said it before, I know my use of bad language is not good, but sometimes a swear word is the only word to describe what I feel about him. I've tried so hard, and on so many different occasions to offer an olive branch, but every time it was thrown back in my face. He's so paranoid, he's keeping a record of everything I've ever written about him, but I bet he hasn't kept all of the ones when I was trying to make peace, trying to find a way of moving forward, or when he was totally misinterpreting what I'd written.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:

The swear word you used the other day was your first ever wasn't it? I don't think you need to address your use of bad language.

If he continues to misinterpret what I and others write, then he will continue to get what's coming to him. I've said it before, I know my use of bad language is not good, but sometimes a swear word is the only word to describe what I feel about him. I've tried so hard, and on so many different occasions to offer an olive branch, but every time it was thrown back in my face. He's so paranoid, he's keeping a record of everything I've ever written about him, but I bet he hasn't kept all of the ones when I was trying to make peace, trying to find a way of moving forward, or when he was totally misinterpreting what I'd written.
I don't like to use swear words but feel I was forced into it. It seems pointless to have house rules if no one obeys them though, so we might as well all agree to follow them, we used to. PP is a decent chap, I am sure it wouldn't take much to get along with him. It just seems there is a bit of ganging up on him at the moment and you both know how to push each other's buttons. I ignore most comments on here, so I am sure you guys can do the same. Cheers.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
This is an open forum - it's faceless people need to grow a thicker skin I didn't threaten or hurt PP or his family

i find it quite amusing that PP thinks I was patronising him ( spelt with an s not a z )

the reason PP reacts to certain members ie myself & BBB is because he knows we're onto him and what he's about with all his perceived hifi knowledge and wisdom - really don't care for what system he has or hasn't but he seems to think he is the voice of authority on a forum who's hifi publication is everything but a proper hifi publication.

it has been well documented on here about his pursuit of various hifi components even buying speakers blind - of course he's going to say they are brilliant - otherwise gonna look pretty silly isn't he.

Then the episode with the CD player where frankly I just thought was comical and told him so, yes I called him a f wit just like I do to mates down the pub - but he took offence on a faceless hifi forum which led to me getting banned.

i don't know what's happened on here over last 6 months as really couldn't be bothered with this forum and it poorly executed interface so when I came back and commented on his 9 years thread it was anything but patronising.

All the newbies on here obviously kiss PPs bum but some of us who have been here a while have wised up to him.

PS - PP did you get round to demoing a valve amp ? We all know your dying to try one

TRENDING THREADS