(Nice looking) Speaker Stands for ProAc Studio 115. Help!

iemslie

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I’m currently awaiting delivery of a pair of ProAc Studio 115, following a demo on Saturday. I now need to purchase some suitable stands for these speakers. The guy in the hi-fi shop suggested high mass stands, possibly mass loaded if necessary.

My dilemma is now finding something suitable which the other half will like.

Logic suggests I go with something like Atacama HMS1, which appears to be well regarded; however this type of design will not go down well so I’m keen to find something suitable yet visually appealing to save myself from some ear-ache.

Now if I have to go with the HMS1 or something similarly designed, I’ll just have to put up with the flack. But I’d be very interested if anyone has or knows of a nice looking stands, preferably wooden (especially cherry, to match the speakers) that would be suitable for the ProAc. So far I’ve found the custom design SQ402 wood, which look pretty good and are a reasonably priced in the grand scheme of things. Not sure whether they’re ideal though. Any thoughts?

http://customdesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_87&products_id=192&osCsid=m33eutv9bt0dn9fmcjgib6rg36

Any other ideas would be much appreciated, preferably in the region of £200 or below.

Thanks

iemslie

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ravey, I'll keep this in mind as a backup. They'd look pretty cool filled, not sure about atabites, but something more decorative perhaps.

The hunt for something wooden continues....I've even started looking at the cost of making them myself however I'm not known for my metalwork and carpentry skills.

iemslie

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks FATS, I quite like the Podium range and hadn't really thought about it. I'll add it to the list of options.

I can't help but wonder though, how much the component parts might cost to make something like those? A bit like my Blok hifi rack, you take it out of the box and while your assembling it your thinking, damn I could've made that myself*, have I been ripped off? haha!

Cheers though, definately I like 'em.

Received a response from ProAC just a short while ago. They recommended the HMS stands, which are about 14kg each unloaded. So gives me an indication as to how heavy the stands need to be.

*Actually I couldn't but you might get the gist.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts