admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, I will be building a new house in the next 6 months and I want an integrated entertainment system but i really have no idea where to start.

I know very little about what will be required and what is available on the market. Do you have any good websites or blogs i could read which would basically give me an idiots guide to start understanding all the equipment available and allow me to start planning my system.

I would like a central bank to store all music and films which could be accessed by various devices.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

John Duncan

Hello Sean, and welcome to the forum. You've certainly come to the right place, as there are any number of idiots available to guide you through what you want to do.

We'll probably need to know a bit more about what you want to do, your budget, and the compromises you might be prepared to accept to get close to what you want. For example, distributing music through rooms is easy but distributing video is harder, so it will be worth giving us an idea of how many rooms you want to pipe music to, how many video, whether you need high def movies, whether you want your installations to be discreet with ceiling speakers etc.

A

Anonymous

Hi John,

I have a budget of around £5000 I have a year to plan so maybe stretch it to £10000 for the system. (this wont include my TVs)

I would be piping music into 8 rooms (3 bed rooms, 2 living rooms, kitchen, study and 2 Bathrooms), and these would mainly be ceiling speakers, (maybe surround sound in the living rooms) as for the television it would be the 6 rooms leaving out the bathrooms. I will be running a macbook air and a imac as the main computers in the house.

I would like to have 2 sky boxes along with 2 channels from my hard drive where i will store all my movies so potentially 4 different TVs can watch 4 different channels if required.

My problem is i just dont know where to start with it all :oops: . I obviously need some sort of central distribution system (this will all hopefully stay out of the way in a cupboard.)

Any way you can help point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to do the research just need to know where to start..........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts