Newbie question about cardridges

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I am quite new to the works of a turntable. I've had a working turntable for about a year now and listened to a lot vinyl. In the meanwhile I upgraded my HiFi set, on which I mostly listen to CD's, to a Denon PMA-700V amplifier with Klipsch WF-34 speakers. But I would like to get a bit more out of the system when listening to vinyl.

I have found me an old Philips AF-887, but the stylus is broken. Currently it holds a philips 406 II cardridge. My question is: Is it possible to place a Ortofon OM 5E cardridge on the tonearm? Are the dimensions universal?

Thanks for your replies.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I can't give you any in-depth information on this particular deck or cartridge, but generally, cartridges and arms comply with standard 1/2" fixing centres. But there are other things to take into account; tracking weight, height (is the Philips arm height adjustable?) etc.

I'm sure an expert will be along shortly!

Of course if you have any Hi-Fi dealers close by you could talk to them - the price may not be as low as you might get by buying on the 'net, but for peace of mind and service, that may be the best option.

A

Anonymous

I have had a reaction from Ortofon, and the Ortofon OM 5E is compatible with a Philips AF-887, so my question has been answered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts