Newbie Kef Q300 and Marantz PM6004 combo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Its been a while since i treated myself, so I thought I would upgrade my crappy £20 logitech PC speakers to something better.

What started off as small upgrade has snowballed to the extent that I am now seriously considering the Kef q300 with the PM6004. The B&W 685 are also an option...I bought today a HRT Music Streamer II and a set of Custom Design RS300's as i play exclusively through my PC.

So much information on this site that i'm finding it hard to make my mind up.

I have read good posts about this amp -speaker combo, now all ineed is some speaker cables, I heard that the Kefs like to be biwired does anyone have any suggustions as to which ones would be a good match?

One other thing my room is quite small but will be moving in 2013, any advice on postioning?

Overall my budget is 1000.

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

One other thing, i will need cables to from the DAC to the Amp, any advice?

A

Anonymous

Picking this combo up tomorrow from my dealer to demo over the weekend running from the pre-out on my AVR so should be able some feed back early next week. What size and shape is your room?

A

Anonymous

Hi, appreciate the reply,

the room i'm in now is just over 3m by 2m and rectangle , god it sounds even smaller than it is when written down! I would be interseted to know what cables you use to get the best out of it (if you buy it)

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Hey guys this is my first post here . :wave:

i wanna say to uffizzi that i was in same position about a year ago when i was buying my first hi-fi (also going from Logitech 4.1 sistem)

my budget was around 1000 euro and i went to a local dealer to see some speakers and amps .

and i finnaly have 3 speakers in shortlist but i did buy my nad amp cuz it was in budget and i really liked sound of amp

so my first speaker was MA rx1 i really liked this speaker and was hoping to work well in my room , but it didnt work really well in my room too much bass (boomy),so i went back and took KEF Q300 great speaker , but it was even worse (in my room) this 2 speaekrs was really good on low

volume levels but on normal levels (a bit louder) was just too much bass really and i like bass.

so my last speaeker was KEF Q100 and all i can say wow evrything was better bass,soundstage . i was really happy

so my advice would be to try all speakers in ur home really thats the only way and i see ur room is smaller than mine (3mX4m)

and i think that Q300 is just to big for ur room , but u can try it anyway and also check Q100 i really think this is right speaker for u

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts