May 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys,

I habe been wondering for months what audio equipment to buy i.e, sound bar, Sonos , kef ls50ii. I have now decided to go down the amplifier and speaker set up as the other half and myself would rather not see too many wires and we don’t have many plugs. Lol. I popped in on the off chance to a local shop in Cardiff and got some great advice an amplifier and speaker set up including a subwoofer At a decent cost. My question is do I keep the sub or upgrade the speakers to accommodate the bass? Any ideas on which speakers I can only go for a pair of speakers at the moment. Here is a copy of the receipt.

Attachments

• 64839E3C-FDAC-44F0-A08B-7C4346E3FE0F.png
    64839E3C-FDAC-44F0-A08B-7C4346E3FE0F.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 4
Did you hear the Oberon with the Subwoofer? Unless you’re a movie or organ music fan I’d suggest trying the system without at home first. Or be sure you can return the sub if you don’t benefit that much.

Some folk cannot do without a subwoofer on any system, but I’m not a big fan, though they can sound great if installed and adjusted with care.

Reactions: Barry Sprocket
May 27, 2021
Visit site
That’s what I’m going to do is go back to the shop and do what you have said . But I was thinking do i need to spend more on the speakers to compensate for the lack of a sub?

May 27, 2021
Visit site
I heard the Oberon without the sub in the shop , I felt it needed more bass to it but it could be the choice in music that the sales guy had on. But I did like the sound coming from them clear and sharp. Hi res music is a must!

D

Deleted member 108165

Take your own music with you, which you know well. Hi res is not a must, CD quality is more than sufficient for most human ears.

Personally, I'd drop the expensive cables and just go some decent generic copper ones. Like nopiano I'm not a sub guy either for stereo, but I guess as the amp is for dual purpose use, AV + stereo, then let your ears decide for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts