New Yamahas v Onkyo TX-NR3007/ TX-NR808 v Pioneer SCLX82

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I'll let you know...
emotion-22.gif

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:
Just came across this blurb about the Pioneer SC-LX72 on a dealer site and now I'm even more confused....'Ideally suited for the new high definition age, the SC-LX72 upscales all video inputs to full 1080p high definition for output via HDMI'.

This appears to contradict what's been said about it's upscaling capabilities? can someone confirm this??

Thanks guys

I bought this hoping it would upscale as well, the ads a very misleading, and only when I got it home I now know it cant.

But TBH for 899.00 I am not too bothered, will be buying a nice 50" led TV or something like that, and TBH I watch most HD stuff anyway and blu-rays. Yes it would have been nice to upscale the SD stuff a but but oh well.

Plus my PS3 and Sony BDP-370 do an amazing job with the DVD's anyway.

If I had to do it again, I would have still bought my SC-LX72

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:Thanks Canada, there's always the Sky HD box as a last resort for upscaling....if I don't pick one up soon then I may have a look at one of the new Yamahas, RXV 2067 looks good.

The Pioneer SC-LX72 would destroy the yamaha, but I suppose I am biased.

But the Air studios tuned and THX settings and the B&O ICE amp just did it for me, but that might not be everyones cup of tea.
emotion-5.gif

Oh and OMG the way it handles music is just amazing, crisp clear with bags of detail. and I have yet to listen to a good recording, I am just going on streamed music from my PS3.

D

Deleted member 2457

grdunn123:That's a bit of a result!
emotion-2.gif

What is? Did you bid on it?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Grdunn123,

Congratulations - you got it for a really good price.

I was watching the countdown and wondered if you had come in - great result indeed!

Enjoy your new purchase!!!

Ronald

Ronald Archiebald:canada16:

The Pioneer SC-LX72 would destroy the yamaha, but I suppose I am biased.

Yes, it would, and No you're not!

It depends on the speakers & individual preferences. I hated the Pioneer's relatively bright sound & loved Yamaha's warm sound.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I'll see how it sounds when I've had it and run it in for a while BB.....if it's not what I want then I know I can sell it on for a minimal loss. Just had no way of demo with this but most reviews are very positive.

grdunn123:I'll see how it sounds when I've had it and run it in for a while BB.....if it's not what I want then I know I can sell it on for a minimal loss. Just had no way of demo with this but most reviews are very positive.

I've been told on this forum that the LX82 isn't as bright as the LX72. It's an excellent amp, especially with movies. You've got it at a great price, I must say!
emotion-21.gif

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I wasn't interested in 3D and, apart from the Yamaha DSPZ7, it seemed like the best value for about 1K. If it doesn't work out I knoiw i can probably make most of my money back and go for something else. I'll hopefully have some fun setting it up ( which'll probably take a week looking at some of the menus).

D

Deleted member 2457

grdunn123:Yes...mine for £936 inc delivery!!

Wow, well done
emotion-21.gif
enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts