New Yamaha A-S3200 whats changed ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I did go and demo 2 Luxman amplifiers before i brought the Yamaha A-S3000 hooked up to Dali rubicon 6s and one of the luxman amplifiers where a class A and the other was a A-B amplifier but can not remember model numbers but felt at the time i liked the class A much better then the A-B amplifier was .
But this could of been that the class A-B wasn't run in properly but at the time i owned the Yamaha A-S2100 and thought there was not much in it between the luxman class A-B and my Yamaha A-S2100 and the luxman was a lot more money then my Yamaha was i think about £7000 worth .
I would say the build was the same between luxman and Yamaha may be a little better with Yamaha but ended up buying the Yamaha A-S3000 instead as i like Yamaha sound and goes well with Dali speakers but do not regret buying the Yamaha one bit .
But i do love class A which at the time i tried sugden and luxman class A amplifiers and both sounded nice but its all personal choice hifi at the end of the day and learnt over the years that speakers play a bigger part in getting things sounding right to your ears

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
You are absolutely right , Blacksabbath, it’s all down to individual taste and what makes you happy. I have found my own audio nirvana, the Luxman paired with Dali Epicon 6s. From memory, you tried the Luxman 505 class A/B with a Node 2i as source. My dealer said the 507 was much closer to the mighty 509, so went with his advice. Had the shipment from Malaysia of the new Yamaha amps not been held up, I would definitely considered the Yamaha. As luck would have it, the Luxman delivers beautiful music so job done. Happy listening.

Reactions: Blacksabbath25

tirreus

Sep 23, 2021
Visit site
I own Yamaha A-S3000 for three years now and have to say I am very VERY satisfied. Of course, since I learnt about 3200 going to be put on the market, it is intriguing to consider switch/upgrade to 3200 but.... there is very scarce information about what was improved. It almost look like nothing significant! Anyway, what I would be interested the most is real hearing comparison test. Do you know if any test was published where somebody would critically listen to and compare both at the same time?

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
As a owner of a Yamaha A-S3000 and seeing Yamaha have just brought out a range of new amplifiers like the Yamaha A-S2100 which they changed the power supply on but looking at the Yamaha A-S3200 i can not see what they have changed on this amplifier only the model number .
So here are some pictures of the new Yamaha A-S3200 and see if you can see what they have changed ?
View attachment 1260View attachment 1261
And here is the old Yamaha A-S3000 unitView attachment 1262View attachment 1263
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/2020-yamaha-integrated-amps-a-s1200-2200-3200.943751/. This forum has extensive user info on actual use and differences on Yamaha amps. I was evaluating AS series and came across this forum.Also stereopolice a youtuber has done amazing work on Yamaha topology,best value models and comparisons to other top brands.
Together these two are one of the best info I could find.All the best !

Last edited:
Reactions: tirreus
I own Yamaha A-S3000 for three years now and have to say I am very VERY satisfied. Of course, since I learnt about 3200 going to be put on the market, it is intriguing to consider switch/upgrade to 3200 but.... there is very scarce information about what was improved. It almost look like nothing significant! Anyway, what I would be interested the most is real hearing comparison test. Do you know if any test was published where somebody would critically listen to and compare both at the same time?
Welcome!

Typically, I’ve found that the incremental ‘upgrade’ in this scenario is rarely worth the significant cost. The snag is that outgoing models usually depreciate even more when a new model is announced. The new model may be delayed or not available in all finishes. The tests or reviews, such as one finds, inevitably focus on how much better the newer model is. But the reality in most cases is there’s not such a vast difference, and at home it may be scarcely noticeable.

I think it’s better to remind oneself that your amp hasn’t got worse because a newer version just got released. It’s still as good as the day you chose it. And in a year or so, there will be discounted models and ex-dem versions around, if you still feel the urge.

Meanwhile, looking elsewhere, you might find an alternative you could consider, like a Copland CSA100 or a Rotel Michi X3, to mention just 2 excellent new integrated amp launched recently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts