New TV Upgrade help pls

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Good evening all,

It's now been a few years and need a new upgrade of a TV. I have decided on two sizes of available in models 49" would be i think the best fit as I am about 2meters away from screen, will however consider 55" should à better model exist.

What is my main priority? Due to the majority of content I play is streaming, still good quality streams I need a TV with excellent up scaling.

All reviews talk about HDR et al which is no where close to my use yet.

The TV will be connected to an old Onkyo TXNR609.

I was considering waiting for the new Sony XF90 to come out to reduce price of one I am interested in the XE90.

Now any help with the above would be great and if my current amp is too old to compete with new TV up scaling or that is not a problem.

For the same price more or less than the current XE90 series is this the best for my up scaling needs?

Many thanks in advance for any set up reqs you may help with.

PS. My amp runs a full KEF setup with a Dali sub. Should I need to also upgrade this, the amp also needs excellent stereo sound, the current Onkyo with it set up great sounds sweet in stereo so would not want to lose stereo quality for music. Budget for amp no more than 400quids i guess.

Ben.

Strictly Stereo

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
Sony has some of the best upscaling and image processing in the business. The XE90 has the full array backlight, which is probably what I would choose if I was to buy an LED set. I would probably go for the 55" version myself, but then I mostly use mine to watch movies.

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Took the plunge and bought the Sony 55 XE90 - what a TV - time to set it up :)

So far amazing, but need to post in home cinema for a question on cable HDMI management.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts