New TV, DVD and speaker package query

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy a new TV, speakers and DVD player (Poss PS3). I alraedy have a DENON AVR 1507 and all the QED Anniversary XT cable I need. I have a budget of about £1400 and a room of about 5m by 5m to fill. I was thinking about a 37" set, however not sure which one to go for and whether that is too big? That brings me onto the speakers - I like the Jamo A102 HCS 5 and think they are the right size for the room, any other suggestions? Does anybody rate the MS Genie's anymore? Finally, I am possibly looking at the PS3 as a DVD/BlueRay player and now that is upscales to 1080p I think this is the best choice, are Sony really stopping making 60g models? Any suggestions would be very grateful.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Our Best Buy 37in TV in the 2007 Awards is the Panasonic TH-37PX70 (£1000), but shop around and you may find it for less. It certainly won't be too big for your room, assuming you sit a reasonable distance from the screen.

The little Jamo speakers are great, although you might also consider the KEF KHT1005 package at £300. And yes, the PS3 is a good Blu-ray/DVD player (especially since the latest firmware upgrade), but you're right, Sony do plan to drop the 60GB PS3 so don't wait too long!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts