DizzyPenguin

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks,
As the cliché goes, long time reader of the site and forums, but only just registered to join the discussions.

Been busy for the past month reading through the reviews and forums in an effort to rekindle my love of music and interest in dedicated HiFi separates after many years of absence. I'd pretty much made my mind up and shortlisted a few amps and speakers within my allocated budget and drove down to the closest HiFi shop for a demo. Got great service from a very patient bloke who set up the systems for me to sample and marvel at! To my surprise, my first choices for speakers turned out to be a bit of a disappointment to my ears and proved once again that reviews aren't the be all and end all; one really needs to demo the merchandise before committing himself to a purchase, as preferences and tastes are very personal.

After a couple of suggestions leading to a second demo session, I've come up with my soon-to-be ultimate (for me) HiFi system. Now just waiting to finalyse delivery, I'm looking forward to setting it all up in my house and enjoying a bit of vinyl once again alongside my digital collection. Can't wait :)

matthewpiano

Welcome DizzyPenguin.

Nice system you've put together there. The Rotel will make a great hub for your system and they always have better phono stages than equivalent amps by other makers, so your RP1 will be well served.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
for your information - according to lab tests rotel ra-12 is 2 x 84 Watts @ 8 ohm and 2 x 146 Watts @ 4 ohm..

enjoy the music !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts