Question New to tt's and vinyl

on the tools

Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
Hello all

After pondering for months, last week I finally took the plunge and bought myself a little turn table set up, after many recommendations from friends and work colleagues I went for the Rega P1 matched with a Rega io amplifier alongside some Dali Spektor 2 speakers and a lovely set of stands, and safe to say I bloody love it.

But after reading into the many depths of peoples opinions regarding upgrades, I've been led to believe that the Rega Carbon cartridge ain't all that. Now personally I think it's sounds brilliant but obviously my ears aren't as tuned as well as others.

So basically is the cartridge worth upgrading and if so which one?

Lot's of suggestions seem to point towards the AT VM95e.

on the tools

Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
That's kind of the reply I was hoping for to be honest Al, price wise I've noticed very little between the two so I'm finding it hard to believe that the difference in quality through the speakers would be vast.

In all honesty it's unlikely I'd upgrade the cartridge unless it would be really worth it, I've no budget as such but wouldn't scrimp on price if there was a cartridge that could improve my set up.

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Hello all

After pondering for months, last week I finally took the plunge and bought myself a little turn table set up, after many recommendations from friends and work colleagues I went for the Rega P1 matched with a Rega io amplifier alongside some Dali Spektor 2 speakers and a lovely set of stands, and safe to say I bloody love it.

But after reading into the many depths of peoples opinions regarding upgrades, I've been led to believe that the Rega Carbon cartridge ain't all that. Now personally I think it's sounds brilliant but obviously my ears aren't as tuned as well as others.

As you say, you "bloody love it".
Believe us! There's a lot to be said for that!

Mr Ears offers sage advice. Take your time to enjoy what you've got for now!

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Hello all

hang on there matey ! no worries here don t over think it ok .! " bloody loving it " sums it up . nothing to change . ! just make sure you get some jethro tull on there ok . cheers matey.

Reactions: on the tools

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
If you like the sound of it leave it the rega carbon cartridge is ok i had it on a p2 for years so if its not broken don`t fix it. think you answered your own question ( safe to say I bloody love it) enjoy your music :)

Reactions: on the tools

Arsenio Erico

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
Like everybody else said, I'd suggest it's now time to invest in good sounding records, not in gear.
Sit down and enjoy the ride, spend time with it and become familiar with hifi sound.
You will have plenty of time to go the upgrade route later. Keep in mind that LPs are not cheap!
Try to do your research on brilliantly mixed and mastered records of artists you like, get a good copy and hear the difference a good quality album makes! You'll love it! I also found out that some albums I love just don't sound too good. Sometimes, that's ok! Sometime's it can be a bummer.
If I were you, my next cartridge upgrade would be in the 150-300 pounds range.
Enjoy the music mate! Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts