New to this, need some advice Kanto yu4($329) vs Klipsch R-41PM($300)

Alakan

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm new to this, and would appreciate some advice because right now I'm going down a rabbit hole with no guidance.

I have a very specific setup I can use in the small space and the audio sources I want to use, and I've found that both the Kanto yu4s and Klipsch R-41PMs meet my needs feature wise.

I know usually the Klipsch is usually $400, but amazon is selling it for $300. Putting it in the same price range as the Kanto yu4s, which aesthetically I like a bit more.

I would just like to know from people with more experience, which one flat out will sound better in a 12ft x 12ft bedroom/home office. For positioning I plan to put them on or near my computer desk(with mounts), and they will more or less be facing in the same direction as my bed/heavy blackout drapes so they dont create much bouncing off the square shaped room.

I am open to adding a subwoofer at a later date. But if anyone thinks the room is small enough to just go 2.0 then I'll just stick with that.

Like i said before, I keep going down an unguided rabbit whole and would appreciate any advice.

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi everyone. I'm new to this, and would appreciate some advice because right now I'm going down a rabbit hole with no guidance.

I have a very specific setup I can use in the small space and the audio sources I want to use, and I've found that both the Kanto yu4s and Klipsch R-41PMs meet my needs feature wise.

I know usually the Klipsch is usually $400, but amazon is selling it for $300. Putting it in the same price range as the Kanto yu4s, which aesthetically I like a bit more.

I would just like to know from people with more experience, which one flat out will sound better in a 12ft x 12ft bedroom/home office. For positioning I plan to put them on or near my computer desk(with mounts), and they will more or less be facing in the same direction as my bed/heavy blackout drapes so they dont create much bouncing off the square shaped room.

I am open to adding a subwoofer at a later date. But if anyone thinks the room is small enough to just go 2.0 then I'll just stick with that.

Like i said before, I keep going down an unguided rabbit whole and would appreciate any advice.

Hi there, welcome!

If there is $100 between them it won't come down to out and out performance, it will come down to your objective tastes.

For me, I like the sound of Klipsch, its what i like and what i want from a speaker but! That's me, not you.

No one here is going to tell what sounds better as there is no right nor wrong. Sorry i know thats not what you wanted to hear.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either TBH. If you like the look of one better than the other get the one you like the look of.

Reactions: Alakan

Alakan

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
I actually completely get where you're coming from. Maybe I worded some parts wrong. I know for sure both of them will sound better than my vizio soundbar. I'm just wondering now from an engineering and design point of view, which speaker will give me the least distortion, reverb issues in a 12ft x 12ft room. That's what I mean by "sounding better". At least that's what I think I mean. lol

would appreciate advice on if I should even plan for a sub or not based on the size of the room. I don't live alone so I can't shake the house if I wanted to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts