New to Blu Ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I am just about to buy a Samsung UE40B7020 which will be my first decent TV.  I would like a Blu Ray player to go with it but have no idea where to start.  I know nothing about technology so if anyone out there is more intelligent on this than me, their help would be really appreciated.  My key questions are:

1. Am I best getting the same TV and Blu Ray player manufacterer or can I have a Samsung TV and a Pioneer or Panasonic player?

2. My budget is small (about £200ish) so are there any good players in that price range?  If not what do I need to spend to get something half decent? 

3.  Is there any spec I should be looking at to ensure I don't buy a duff one?

Thanks in advance guys

David 

A

Anonymous

I second that; go for either the Panasonic or the Sony ... stay clear of the equivalent Samsung model - apparently it isnt very good

A

Anonymous

As recommended above, both the Panasonic BD35 and Sony S350 are cracking 5 **** machines.

The BD35 however, has an edge over the two in terms of picture quality, and while the Panasonic is a Profile 2.0 machine, the Sony is only a Profile 1.1.

Your choice.

A

Anonymous

The Sony S350 is Profile 2.0 once the latest firmware has been installed. However, it does not have built-in memory so you have to supply your own USB drive (1GB minimum) and plug it into the rear USB port if you want to use BD Live features.

A

Anonymous

All I can add is that the Sony BDP-s350 is a cracking machine and very cheap at £150 from Richer Sounds.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
ashworth_rich:All I can add is that the Sony BDP-s350 is a cracking machine and very cheap at £150 from Richer Sounds.
Agreed. Well pleased with mine.But I dont think you will go wrong with either machine, just depends which one you can get a hold of now as the panny is starting to get a bit thin on the ground.

A

Anonymous

I dont have any speakers at the mo as am hoping to slowly build a decent system over the next 3-4 months as my bank balance allows.

ÿ

It sounds like the Sony just has the edge so I think I will look at that model.

ÿ

Thanks for all your help guysÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS