New System

simonkey

May 13, 2024
Visit site
Just purchased the following and some buyer doubt creeping in while I wait for them to be shipped to my local store...

(Thoughts, good or negative are appreciated!)
  • Cambridge EVO 75 Amp (needed network streamer capabilities for TIDAL, adding NAS later on for my FLAC files, also like the display)
  • Cambridge CXC CD transport
  • Technics 1500C TT (no cartridge or stylus upgrade for now)
  • Sonos Faber Lumina III Wenge floor standing speakers
Maybe I should have bought a different amp but like the all-in-one network feature, the display feature, and don't need a phono preamp. The speakers were more than I wanted to spend but I auditioned them using my Radiohead Hail to the Thief CD and was blown away (so that was my fault). I would've gotten the matching Cambridge EVO CD transport but saved by not getting that and spending more on the speakers.

Cork

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
Looks like a great setup to me - congratulations!

What's driving the doubt? The only thing that would be bugging me is whether I should have sprung for the Lumina IVs, since there's no sub in the setup. (And that would be a ridiculous thing to be fretting over.)

twinkletoes

as above, as long as you took the time to listen and decide for yourself that its right for your needs, no one here is going to tell you its bad or the wrong choice.

Just make sure its all placed appropriately sit back stop looking at reviews and enjoy.

Good point. I would also suggest that he needs to actually hear those speakers in his own room which is probably completely different to the dealers establishment.
Always ideal to demo at home if at all possible, but minimum requirement would be any demo as long as he has something to compare the SFs with. Although the chances are he'll love his bundles without faffing around demoing for the second time.

Looks decent to me. If I’ve read the reviews correctly, the speakers tolerate fairly close placement to the front wall, so in keeping with lifestyle preferences of many buyers.

Without looking it up, I can’t recall if that is the transport which matches the Evo, but the phono stage is catered for by the Technics including one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears
Looks decent to me. If I’ve read the reviews correctly, the speakers tolerate fairly close placement to the front wall, so in keeping with lifestyle preferences of many buyers.

Without looking it up, I can’t recall if that is the transport which matches the Evo, but the phono stage is catered for by the Technics including one.
The Evo CD transport is essentially doing the same job but is twice the price of the CXC.
You can understand the reason the OP decided on the CXC.....

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts