New system - Few pics!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey,

just a few pictures of the latest set up, the room is more of a lounge than a dedicated home cinema so obviously a compromise had to be reached in terms of choice of gear and speaker positioning...

lots of nice boxes!

dw5sev.jpg

Old vs New

29cm977.jpg

Setting up the picture

9sqtf5.jpg

pretty much finished

5exyzl.jpg

oft37m.jpg

2yls7qc.jpg

9ibuhe.jpg

consists of :

tv: Samsung 40"LED

player : Sony BDP-S370

amp : Yamaha 1065

speakers : Q acoustics 2000 package

A

Anonymous

Denon 1910/1610

Q Acoustics 2000 Series/ Wharfedale 9.1's with matching Centre and SW150/ Jamo A102

Sony BDP-360/560/760 or LG BD390

That should be within budget just allow a bit for cables and connections ....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply,

i was looking at the Q acoustics package, and also the B&W MT25...

would it be much trouble for you to suggest some speaker cables? They're going under the carpet so preferably fairly skinny! or of a flat design,

thanks very much.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
If you are going to consider the B&W's then IT IS WELL WORTH considering the MT-30. Same satellite speakers but the sub is the awesome PV-1!!!!

Thou will not be disappointed.............

A

Anonymous

for the fronts and centre i use Chord Company Silverscreen, but that is too thick to go under the carpet, i would not spend too much for the rears I use Cheap OFC cable bought on e-bay and it sounds great.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

thanks for your responses, A guy i know actually runs a home cinema installation business ( didn't know this until i told him i was getting one! ) anyway he recommended this setup, player : sony bdps370, amp : yamaha RX-V1065, speakers : Q acoustics.

It's all ordered know so i can't wait to get it up and running! Will post pictures when it's done.

A

Anonymous

fearofthedark:updated with pics. thanks for posting this as I now know how big the Q speakers are - might have to have a re-think!

where is your subwoofer?

A

Anonymous

the sub is in the corner of the room near the sofa, the speakers are pretty small and tidy but the sub is a bit of a monster.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You seriously need some stands on those front speakers, it'll make so much difference to the sound.

Angle the centre speaker towards the listening position the same as the TV as well.

A

Anonymous

fearofthedark:the sub is in the corner of the room near the sofa, the speakers are pretty small and tidy but the sub is a bit of a monster. i am a bit worried about how I accommodate the centre speaker.

I have an Alphason bench with a door, and there is no room for it inside.

Will have to sit in front of the TV - but not sure if it will fit. Can you buy little shelves to sit the TV on the top of a bench so that the centre speaker could slide under the TV (if that makes sense - I mean like a monitor stand - commonly used to lift PC monitors up)

A

Anonymous

attacama do a small speaker stand for a front speaker but try custom made up in scotland (order through audio emotion ) for your fronts

A

Anonymous

i wonder if its ok too have your blu-ray player directly above your amp ? could the amp overheat ?i ask as i currently have mine set up the same , although my bluray player is set further back , to help the amp breathe ..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:i wonder if its ok too have your blu-ray player directly above your amp ? could the amp overheat ?i ask as i currently have mine set up the same , although my bluray player is set further back , to help the amp breathe ..

It's not the best idea in the world as most AV amps have lots of venting on the top, the manual will almost certainly advise against it but you'll just have to see how it gets on in use to see if it's getting too hot.

A

Anonymous

ta , yes ill probably try and get a proper av stand , to be safe , anyway ill be adding things over time that wont fit right now ..

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I cut a couple of srips of wood same depth as the amp, and about 4cm wide and 3cm thick, painted them black and put them on top of the amp, either side, then sat the legs of the player on the wooden strips. Looks neat and I've never had any overheating problems.

A

Anonymous

hmm , i think ill do that too , ta , i had the sony on stacks of poker chips
emotion-40.gif
, a waste of time , but that sounds better , i dont want to buy an av stand till i have all the home cinema gear , will help keep the dog hairs out of the amp too , i hoover every day but theyre still everywhere ...

A

Anonymous

yeah i've got some inch and half nylon spacers for between the amp and player....

As for speaker stands, i mentioned that it's more a lounge than a home cinema so i don't just wanna' stick any old stands in there, I'm getting some ones made up as we speak :D

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:i wonder if its ok too have your blu-ray player directly above your amp ? could the amp overheat ?i ask as i currently have mine set up the same , although my bluray player is set further back , to help the amp breathe ..

I had my 606 on the bottom shelf of my tv stand ,on the shelf above it (glass) sat my Panny dvd. The heat from the Onkyo kept on triggering the cooling fan in the Panny even through the glass,and even when the Panny was in standby.So it may not only be bad for the amp but also the bluray. (I have now switched around.)

A

Anonymous

Ravey Gravey Davy:

I had my 606 on the bottom shelf of my tv stand ,on the shelf above it (glass) sat my Panny dvd. The heat from the Onkyo kept on triggering the cooling fan in the Panny even through the glass,and even when the Panny was in standby.So it may not only be bad for the amp but also the bluray. (I have now switched around.)
ta , ive read the onkyos run a little hot , but i wouldnt have expected that hot.., anyway ive devised a cunning plan , ill post a pic later...

A

Anonymous

Silly Idea?

Why dont you buy a shelf and but it just above the TV?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts