New speakers

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok having a demo of the below speakers

Sonus Faber Olympica 2

scansonic mb6

Usher mini dancer 2

May also hear the PMC 26 at a later date, but I think I am looking for a speaker that is a litle sweeter in the treble area.

Lately I have reduced the brightness which mainly stemmed from my room. Bass traps and a big soft rug made a big difference

Room is 14ft by 23ft so very aware speakers have to fit in with this.

Anyone have any experience of the above speakers ?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I've heard the SF Olympica IIs on a couple of occasions (with the Devialet 200). I could well have imagined myself owning a pair. I think they'll give you the sweet top end you want.

I know nothing about the other speakers. Let us know how you get on.

Further suggestions (admittedly some of these are hard to audition):

ATC SCM40 Mk 2 (not heard these, but should probably be on every audition list)

Audiovector SR3 (loved these)

Dali Epicon 6 (loved these)

ELAC AIR-X 409 (not heard these, but liked others in their range)

Focal Electra 1038Be (didn't get on with them, but they are very impressive and other folk love them)

Harbeth Super HL5+ (loved the previous version)

KEF Reference 3 (not heard these)

Vivid V1.5 (adore these, though they are overpriced in the UK)

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
matt49 said:
I've heard the SF Olympica IIs on a couple of occasions (with the Devialet 200). I could well have imagined myself owning a pair. I think they'll give you the sweet top end you want.

I know nothing about the other speakers. Let us know how you get on.

Further suggestions (admittedly some of these are hard to audition):

ATC SCM40 Mk 2 (not heard these, but should probably be on every audition list)

Audiovector SR3 (loved these)

Dali Epicon 6 (loved these)

ELAC AIR-X 409 (not heard these, but liked others in their range)

Focal Electra 1038Be (didn't get on with them, but they are very impressive and other folk love them)

Harbeth Super HL5+ (loved the previous version)

KEF Reference 3 (not heard these)

Vivid V1.5 (adore these, though they are overpriced in the UK)

Hi Matt49 I take it you have replaced your Devialet as I have bot seen you on the forum for a while.

I will investigate some of the speakers you suggest but I have 3 to listen to already and time constraints and finding a dealer that stocks some of these will be testing.

Thanks for the post

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
Have heard the Ushers and thought them very good ideed although they may be a little lost in a room your size.

I heard them once too and liked them, it was with a Devialet too. I am expecting them to be outprformed by the other two to be honest, but you never know. The next Usher model up is around 8k and out of my price range. Thanks for the post

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Womaz said:
Hi Matt49 I take it you have replaced your Devialet as I have bot seen you on the forum for a while.

I will investigate some of the speakers you suggest but I have 3 to listen to already and time constraints and finding a dealer that stocks some of these will be testing.

Thanks for the post

I still have the D200 (driving a pair of Vivid V1.5s), and I bought a pair of Silver Phantoms for our holiday cottage. So I'm still a big fan of Devialet products. But I got fed up with the Devialet Chat Forum, because the guys who run the site didn't want anyone to question their beliefs about fancy power cables etc. It would be nice to think things had improved, but I haven't been back to check.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
matt49 said:
Womaz said:

Thanks for the post

I still have the D200 (driving a pair of Vivid V1.5s), and I bought a pair of Silver Phantoms for our holiday cottage. So I'm still a big fan of Devialet products. But I got fed up with the Devialet Chat Forum, because the guys who run the site didn't want anyone to question their beliefs about fancy power cables etc. It would be nice to think things had improved, but I haven't been back to check.

Ah I see, good to hear from you anyway

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts