new speakers needed budget £3000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
system

krell kav500i intergrated amp / speakers kef reference 2.2 / cd player marantz cd63se / cable chord epic / chord chameleon silver plus.

i like old school and a drum and bass /

carltons the call is strong and so on

good bass but clear

thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

May I ask why new speakers are 'needed'?

Why not buy a nice vinyl spinner?

Seriously though, with 3 K and you existing system, I'd save some more and really go to town and change the front end as well.

If I had the cash, I'd like Sonus Faber or Wilson Benesh.

But, I always feel active speakers are the way to go , so that could be another option?

Matt

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
matt41:
May I ask why new speakers are 'needed'?

Why not buy a nice vinyl spinner?

Seriously though, with 3 K and you existing system, I'd save some more and really go to town and change the front end as well.

If I had the cash, I'd like Sonus Faber or Wilson Benesh.

But, I always feel active speakers are the way to go , so that could be another option?ÿ

Matt

Not when he has a Krell surely

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forums. I'd consider the Mordaunt Short Performance 6 which Clare (WHF Editor-in-Chief) has:

http://whathifi.com/Review/Mordaunt-Short-Performance-6/

Although given what you've said you may be looking for something that was more bass heavy.

Its nice seeing someone else that owns Krell components. I'm getting sick of hearing about Cyrus.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
tvs4u:
system

krell kav500i intergrated amp / speakers kef reference 2.2 / cd player marantz cd63se / cable chord epic / chord chameleon silver plus.

i like old school and a drum and bass

Are you the same 'old school drum and bass guy' with the same CD63SE as in September?....

http://whathifi.com/forums/t/131304.aspx

Glad to see you got that Krell you were discussing. Very envious.

A

Anonymous

I wonder if you are getting the best out of the system you have got?

What is it that you would like to improve about the musical presentation, if you could give us a better idea we could perhaps help more.

A

Anonymous

hi there

no not me

i have had my krell for about a year and not looking to upgrad the amp

just think that there must be better speaker out there with a bit more bass depth

any would like to know if any body has any ideas so that i can go and have a good listern

regards

A

Anonymous

hi all

the reason i still have the marantz cd63se is because i have tried loads of cd player and if i spend more on a really good cd all it does is make my music sound really really bad ie badly made in the first place

so the marantzs is a very good all round cd plare and even the cd63se ksig does not have the same bass as this model

as you spend more you jsut get a better mid range and my music is all bass and treble

regards

T

the record spot

I must admit, I'm not convinced you'd get the same benefits out of a £3k speaker that you would with a well sourced £1500 one that you've researched for the appropriate sonic qualities you're after, but apologies if I am wrong in this case!

I'm not even going to attempt this one - what would I recommend? I wouldn't have a clue; I'd be picking names out the ether. My punt for this one would be to go to a couple of independent dealers who do a good line in high end kit and try out some at home (if they'll let you!) or take some kit in and book a demo. Depending on where you are in the country, there's a fair smattering to choose from.

(And I'd still double check your rationale re: the CD player; it might be something along the lines of the Exposure 3010 would do the trick over the current source, good though it was in its day).

A

Anonymous

Hi tvs4u

truth is if you listen to energetic dance music, if you want bass you can feel, that hits you in the chest, then you need big drivers. 2x 6.5 inch drivers will be fast and taught, but won't usually plumb the depths that make you feel it!

I have a pair of Art Emotions up for sale for £2250. These things have 10" drivers and can get as low as 26hz. You feel it before you hear it. They retail at £5,000 new and are surprisingly fast and agile. I have been using them with a MF kW amp to great effect. Sorry for the shameless tout here, but if you really want the bass I think you're after, then look at speakers with drivers that can deliver the goods. I had ProAc D38's before, a great speaker, but the Arts offer much more controlled bass. You would have to spend quite a bit more to better them in this department.

Kind Regards and good luck with your search

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts