New Sony BDP-s360 released tomorrow

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
when do WHF get their review sample?!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:It's here already! It's going straight into a Blu-ray players Supertest for our next issue - with subscribers from 24th July...

Any initial impressions compared to the outgoing model? A Panasonic-beater, finally?

A

Anonymous

Can't believe Sony came up with "360" in the model number.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
They're just admitting what we already know. 360 is better than 3! Tee hee!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:I reckon Andrew's "borrowed" it for the evening!

Wish I had: wouldn't have had to sit through almost four hours of hysteria as our new national hero of the week made his shaky progress through to the next bout of nonsense on Wednesday.

And if the BBC really wants to clear down the BBC1 schedule to show it, could they leave BBC2 alone, please?

All this for a man whose personality, as someone just said on the radio, makes Tim Henman look like Zippo the Clown, yet who still had the good grace to remember he was British and temper his win with moans about the heat, the humidity, the weight of his balls, etc...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

yet who still had the good grace to remember he was British and temper his win with moans about [...] the weight of his balls...

emotion-3.gif

I have come to the conclusion that I don't like any non-team sports. Other than Snooker, which is ace. The tennis presents a bit of an issue. Her indoors loves it, and I love the fact that it's in HD, and feel duty-bound to support any HD sporting coverage...

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Wish I had: wouldn't have had to sit through almost four hours of hysteria as our new national hero of the week made his shaky progress through to the next bout of nonsense on Wednesday.

And if the BBC really wants to clear down the BBC1 schedule to show it, could they leave BBC2 alone, please?

All this for a man whose personality, as someone just said on the radio, makes Tim Henman look like Zippo the Clown, yet who still had the good grace to remember he was British and temper his win with moans about the heat, the humidity, the weight of his balls, etc...

Surprisingly, there were quite a few people who rather enjoyed having the tennis on.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ah, OK, got it now - a sport at which we are so atrocious that we treat a run-of-the-mill third-round match with the kind of hysteria usually reserved for the final of Britain's Got Talent.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I'm not a particularly big tennis fan, but I found last nights match to be enthralling. Just think though, in two weeks time you'll be back to watching Panorama on BBC1 without interruption.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I love Wimbledon fortnight and with Hewitt beating Stepanek and then the Murray match, yesterday was a real treat for tennis fans.

Sorry to those who are missing their usual programs, but since sport is pretty much all I watch on TV these days, I'm loving it!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andy Grange:Admittedly it was on for rather a long time but for people who enjoy sport and support a home grown talent, then events like this are extremely few and far between.

Ahh, you must be a Scot. Mr Murray would probably come round your house and use your innards to string his racquet if you considered him a home-grown Brit...!

A

Anonymous

a true scot through and through id say and proud of it . *** oan big andy
if he wins i will buy the blu ray of him winning if released,
surely he is better than timmy boy the henman,.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Didn't you think the sound was amazing? The umpire was positioned beautifully to the right, the thwack of the balls reverberated astonishingly, there was loads of crowd atmosphere and I could swear I was able to hear the air-conditioning when it got tense. It was even better than Premiership soccer on Sky IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts