New REL vs old REL subwoofer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
That is one solution and its an easy to use solution - however before you do it would be a good idea to check to see if its what you need.

Have you run a YPAO full setup on your Yamaha?

BlueMoon

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
That is one solution and its an easy to use solution - however before you do it would be a good idea to check to see if its what you need.

Have you run a YPAO full setup on your Yamaha?

I haven't as yet. Only got the new speaker a few days ago and I'm waiting for better speaker cables before I go through all that. I'm hoping to buy Chord Epic Reference cables. Will they be a good addition to my speakers? Thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BlueMoon said:
I haven't as yet. Only got the new speaker a few days ago and I'm waiting for better speaker cables before I go through all that. I'm hoping to buy Chord Epic Reference cables. Will they be a good addition to my speakers? Thanks

I am not a fan of Chord cables....I'd rather have Atlas or Telurium Q.

There will be those who say expensive cables are a waste of money.....so if you have a helpful dealer, then get some different cables at different prices and see what you think.

BlueMoon

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BlueMoon said:

I am not a fan of Chord cables....I'd rather have Atlas or Telurium Q.

There will be those who say expensive cables are a waste of money.....so if you have a helpful dealer, then get some different cables at different prices and see what you think.

Are the Chord really bad? They are cheapish, around £200 on eBay, for a couple of 2nd hand lengths. Which model Telurium or Atlas would you suggest, around that price range? Atlas Hyper are cheap but will they be better than Chord Epic Reference? Also, there are Telurium blue which fall within my budget.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BlueMoon said:
Are the Chord really bad? They are cheapish, around £200 on eBay, for a couple of 2nd hand lengths. Which model Telurium or Atlas would you suggest, around that price range? Atlas Hyper are cheap but will they be better than Chord Epic Reference? Also, there are Telurium blue which fall within my budget.

No Chord aren't really bad and have a lot of fans.....I just find they sound a little bright and forward sounding.....but it is personal. If you get them and don't like them, you will have no problem selling them on.

I like TQ Black or Green, which are a little smoother sounding than the Black.

I like Atlas Mavros....but if they are too expensive, the Hyper are good.

My order of preference would be:

Atlas Mavros

TQ Green

TQ Black

Atlas Hyper.

Like I said, you can get the Chord and sell them on if you don't think they are worth the money.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
If you havent run your setup then that could be the reason for the poor sub integration.

I would suggest runnung that first and trying it out. Thats more important than putting cables in first.

They wont alter your setup just help you get more out of whats there. They wont fix whats not setup properly.

I would suggest doing the ypao setup first see how that is.
If it makes no difference then you know you will need an external unit like the antimode.

If it fixes the problem then obviously you dont need an external unit ypao has been improved to manage bass.

That will cost you nothing except a bit of effort and time.

BlueMoon

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
If you havent run your setup then that could be the reason for the poor sub integration.

I would suggest runnung that first and trying it out. Thats more important than putting cables in first.

They wont alter your setup just help you get more out of whats there. They wont fix whats not setup properly.

I would suggest doing the ypao setup first see how that is. If it makes no difference then you know you will need an external unit like the antimode.

If it fixes the problem then obviously you dont need an external unit ypao has been improved to manage bass.

That will cost you nothing except a bit of effort and time.

OK let me go through the setup and get back to you. Thank you so much

BlueMoon

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BlueMoon said:

No Chord aren't really bad and have a lot of fans.....I just find they sound a little bright and forward sounding.....but it is personal. If you get them and don't like them, you will have no problem selling them on.

I like TQ Black or Green, which are a little smoother sounding than the Black.

I like Atlas Mavros....but if they are too expensive, the Hyper are good.

My order of preference would be:

Atlas Mavros

TQ Green

TQ Black

Atlas Hyper.

Like I said, you can get the Chord and sell them on if you don't think they are worth the money.

Thank you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts