New producs from Cambridge Audio

A

Anonymous

I like this:

Cambridge Audio is proud to be endorsed by music legend Mike Oldfield who advises fans.

"Do your ears a favour and play Tubular Bells through a Cambridge Audio system"

A

Anonymous

Cambridge always seem to design beautiful produts, and there updates are always slightly different whith a touch of extra class. Makes me proud to be British.

Although the new Rotel have a very nice design too.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Brisk:Cambridge always seem to design beautiful produts, and there updates are always slightly different whith a touch of extra class. Makes me proud to be British.

Don't get too excited about Cambridge Audio being all 'British' products.

Despite the company being British owned and the products British designed, they are all made in China.

Example...

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/assets/documents/650A-rear.jpg

Look to the right hand end of the photo. "Designed in London, England" (top) and "Made in China" (bottom). I love that 'London, England' bit. Expected to see a little red Routemaster bus or bowler hat decal screenprinted on by a Chinese machine!

A

Anonymous

Yea I know, I was refering to the British design.

I wonder if any of the Chinese machines are British designed, the it could read, 'manufactered by British designed machines, designed in London, England. Made in China (in small print)'

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:But anyway, yeah I think it's a nice refresh, though they missed a "black fascia/chrome knobs" trick, if you ask me. Except they didn't, obviously.

John prefers his chromed knobs to be Swedish rather than Chinese or from London, England.

3573919686_e6a176502a_t.jpg

(London, England)

images

Hobnob. British. (Inventor Julien Pike)

John Duncan

chebby:
JohnDuncan:But anyway, yeah I think it's a nice refresh, though they missed a "black fascia/chrome knobs" trick, if you ask me. Except they didn't, obviously.

John prefers his chromed knobs to be Swedish rather than Chinese or from London, England.

3573919686_e6a176502a_t.jpg

(London, England)

images

Hobnob. British. (Inventor Julien Pike)

Hey, if the Chinese want to make chromed knobs, that's fine by me. Though am toying with the idea of going black...

But let's keep Hob Nobs British, I say.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I really like the look of the new 650A amp. It looks a lot better (and more expensive) than the old 640 amp.

Can't wait for the review in WH............
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:
Hey, if the Chinese want to make chromed knobs, that's fine by me. Though am toying with the idea of going black...But let's keep Hob Nobs British, I say.

You mean black with the name picked out in green?ÿ

mushroomgod

May 25, 2009
Visit site
do you think the price of the old gear will drop with the introduction of the new gear?

Iv been looking at buying some CA, but I dont mind waiting if it turns out cheaper

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Ha Ha, yup im in that mode at the min while the female one is getting her barnet cut. Trying to find an ex dem /used gyro at a good price. Then i can hit her with 'oh that thing,ive had it ages love' .

John Duncan

floyd droid:Ha Ha, yup im in that mode at the min while the female one is getting her barnet cut. Trying to find an ex dem /used gyro at a good price. Then i can hit her with 'oh that thing,ive had it ages love' .

The one thing on earth which doesn't look like anything else? Good luck with that...

Although on the plus side, it's the one hifi item on earth which would get a positive response in my house. "It's so beeeeeeeauuuuuddddiiifulllll"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts