New Pioneer Blu-ray Players

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
These might be of interest, although these are Us models and price, these will be much the same here in the Uk.

Nice looking to. Hope these images and snipits are ok with the Whfisav Team

Pioneer has been in the Blu-ray game since near the beginning, most of their players have lacked BD-Live functionality and have been priced well above the competition. All that changes with Pioneer's new 2009 line of players, starting with the BDP-120, a full-functioned BD-Live-enabled player that will sell for under $300 MSRP.*

pioneer-bdp120.jpg

Pioneer's BDP-120 will be their first affordable Blu-ray Player to support BD-Live.

While the BDP-120 does not include any on-board storage, it will ship with a 1GB USB flash drive in the box for BD-Live use. The step-up models BDP-320 (under $400) and the Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD ($599) will both feature one GB of internal on-board memory, as well as the ability to upgrade the memory via a USB port. All players feature an Ethernet port for connection to the internet for BD-Live and firmware upgrades.

A

Anonymous

pioneer7 any idea when us lucky brits will see them on are shores.

Was after 51fd but as only profile 1.1 and these profile 2.0 is it worth the long wait?
emotion-4.gif

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
pioneer7:

Yes it seems they might have it right this time
emotion-21.gif

They cerainly look the business. If any of these models will play DVD-A and SACD, then my Pioneer DVLX50 might need to be replaced...I am holding out on buying a BD player until ther's a decently priced universal model.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
As Progwardy says They are due in may in the states, so at a guess June/july unfortunatly they will not have SACD play back not on these models anyway, you would think by now this would be common place to have SACD play back, but it seems that you have to pay a high premium for this, the only player due out with this is the Denon, and that will set you back £3.500.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
pioneer7:
Yes it seems they might have it right this time
emotion-21.gif

What makes you think that?
emotion-2.gif

No firmware updates necessary anymore? DTS MA out of the box? Quick loading times?

Kidd yourself not, this is BlueRay, new (ish) technology still very much in development, especially on the software side.

Pioneer are not the only ones with sluggish support but they rank somewhere near the top.

Having said all this, I like my 51
emotion-5.gif

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
pioneer7: unfortunatly they will not have SACD play back not on these models anyway, you would think by now this would be common place to have SACD play back

Not too surprised; most DVD players don't include SACD compatibility...but why not DVD-A??

TRENDING THREADS