New Pioneer Blu-ray Player BDP-LX80

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

A little annoyed to discover that Pioneer have just released (Japan side anyway [so soon to follow here]) their new blu-ray player the BDP-LX80.

Obviously, this is what the BDP-LX70 should have been. The fact that it has been released so soon after the release of the BDP-LX70 is bewildering (Note: I had certain "other" words in mind, but thought it best to be polite).

Afterall, considering that they have shifted to targeting a "high end of town" market, where quality counts over quantity, they have done an excellent job of alienating me (and no doubt lots of other "early adopters" with money to spend).

I guess when it comes time to upgrade, I'll be taking a long hard look at the new Denon blu-ray player instead.

Ggggrrrrr,

Robert.

A

Anonymous

Yep, that Denon BDP is a NICE piece of kit and as soon as HD-DVD falls over (if it falls over) will be on my list. I bought a Cambridge Audio Azur 740C CD player today and I'll make do with my current DVD player until the war's over. I'd be (very)surprised if Pioneer came close to Denon anyway.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

The Denon looks very special indeed.

As for the HD-DVD, I can't even find a store that sells the HD-DVD's here. Oh, actually I think I have seen one (literally only one [1]) HD-DVD in Borders. It was standing, alone, on a bottom shelf in a corner - behind an escalator.

How can they expect to have a chance at winning a format war if nobody can even source the software?

I understand J.B. Hi Fi have some arrangement where they will not even be stocking HD-DVD's.

That likely means GAME OVER for HD-DVD in Australia.

Shame really.

Cheers,

Robert.

A

Anonymous

I agree HD DVD should be available in more outlets but simply browse your local ASDA and you will see plenty of HD DVDs on the shelves. HMV also sells em right next to the BD.

I have the most recent copy of the magazine and was interested that in the group test that only 1 HD DVD player was reviewed, the HD EP10 or E1 are fine players in their own markets (Lower Cost) I would have though as the PS3 was included and the budget BD player the E1 at least was worth a mention especially as the cost of them is only around £180 now.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bicoralboy"]
I agree HD DVD should be available in more outlets but simply browse your local ASDA and you will see plenty of HD DVDs on the shelves.

[/quote] We're both in Australia - no Asda I'm afraid. To be honest at this stage, the sooner one falls over (dont particularly care which) the better but mass takeup isnt going to happen until there's one clear winner (I wont touch either until that day) - read mini-disc, digital compact cassette, digital audio tape, betamax. The current stalemate is likely to ensure failure for both formats - which actually I think the studios would prefer and the fence sitting and side-taking appears to be a solid tactic for them. Incase you're wondering what I'm on about - most studios are heavily against HD delivery due to piracy.

TRENDING THREADS