New phone dilemma: Pixel 2 XL vs Samsung Galaxy S8

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I've currently got the Nexus 6p which I'm looking to upgrade. I've pre-ordered the Pixel 2 XL 128GB for £899 which will be delivered mid November. I also ordered a personalised case for it from Google which has already been shipped (worth £40).

Now here's my dilemma; my SIM only contract is up for upgrade and I can actually get the Samsung Galaxy S8 for £480 over 2 years.

I have enjoyed my Nexus 6p and vanilla Android, not sure if I'll like the Samsung skin on Android. I definitely need minimum 128GB storage so cannot go for the 64GB version of the Pixel (even though cloud option is available).

My phone is my most used device; I've almost stopped using my laptop and don't use my tablet anymore (therefore the bigger screen of the Pixel 2 XL). So can somewhat justify the price of the Pixel 2 XL. But the Samsung is £400 cheaper. Any suggestions?
I have decided to keep my trusty iPhone 4s. *scratch_one-s_head*

D

Deleted member 2457

BB, do you want one of these?

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/samsung/gear-vr-headset-2017-with-controller.html#!colour=orchidgrey&dealType=sf

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts