New Panasonic Blu ray players

D

Deleted member 2457

Sliced Bread said:
It looks like Panasonic has some new Blu ray players on their way.

The BDT460 looks interesting.

spec'd and priced to give the Sony 790 a run for its money by the looks of it.

Simon Lucas is around, he wrote about the new Panasonic Blu-ray players here: :)

http://www.whathifi.com/news/panasonic-reveals-six-strong-range-of-blu-ray-players

Sliced Bread

Thanks BB.

I took a look at that, but unfortunately it only has one HDMI output.

The HDMI board in my amp has burnt out, so I need to either replace the amp or buy a dual HDMI player. The player is (a lot) cheaper :)

Sliced Bread

bigboss said:
If the HDMI board in your amp has burnt out, how will a blu ray player with dual HDMI help? Won't you need one with analogue outs?

Nah, for some reason the Audio is working just fine, but the board isn't passing the video.

With two hdmi outputs I can send the audio to the amp and picture directly to the screen.

As far as I can see, you have 2 options here:

1) Buy Panasonic 460 now with twin HDMI outs and be prepared to upgrade your AV receiver in the near future.

2) Repair your existing receiver or upgrade it now, and continue to enjoy your Panasonic 320.

da stereo guru

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
A known fault with the 5 & 6 series Onkyo's & Onkyo have done out of warranty board repairs for free (except for postage) as a goodwill gesture for quite a few people, Maybe this should be your first port of call.

If they are not forthcoming with a free board repair & you are a little handy with a soldering iron, Then a self fix is an option, After all you have nothing to lose it seems, Except for the £5 it would cost you for the replacement capacitors. (I did a self fix for my 875's display & all has been perfect since).
Plenty of info & a guide here (Though the pictorial is for a 576 other models have been fixed using the tutorial..

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1246078/how-to-diy-tx-sr576-tx-sr606-etc-hdmi-daughterboard-repair-for-dummies

da stereo guru

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Hope the call goes well
smiley-laughing.gif

A little more info for you, A replacement board is over £300, So if the self fix seems a little to much to attempt atleast you know an approximate cost.

Selby

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
The panasonic 460 is a lovely machine. Easy to set up. Build quality is reasonable and the price is a steal. Bought it off the 'net of a Large Retailer that sells almost everything. Im very pleased with it and its part of my second system. The playback on my new Sony 4K tellie is astounding in Blu Ray. Far better image than that of my old Sony unit, a S760 - which was good at its time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts