New panasonic 4k TV but........

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
simonlewis said:
AlmaataKZ said:
I will definately buy 4K, once:

- the price of a 100' TV is below 1500GBP in today's money

I guess you won't be buying one then as i doubt you can't get a 100 foot tv in your house.

Okay, he meant 100" TV, but expecting a 100" screen to cost less than £1,500 in today's money reveals AlmaataKZ to be a bad joker or, if he was being serious, a fantasist.

Well, you do get a 50-inch TV for less than £400, don't you? Isn't a Cinese brand selling 4K TVs for £1500 already in the US? So a £1500, 100-inch TV is entirely feasible. ;)

Edit: Sorry, it's $1000:

http://gizmodo.com/theres-officially-a-50-inch-4k-tv-thats-cheaper-than-908697519

:)

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Well, you do get a 50-inch TV for less than £400, don't you? Isn't a Cinese brand selling 4K TVs for £1500 already in the US? So a £1500, 100-inch TV is entirely feasible. ;)

Edit: Sorry, it's $1000: http://gizmodo.com/theres-officially-a-50-inch-4k-tv-thats-cheaper-than-908697519 :)

Exactly! Large flatscreens started at many thousands and now the mainstream is well below a grand. Similar trend I hope will be with 4k, lcd manufacturing will get even cheaper and todays 1500 is nearer to 2000 in several years so entirely feasible imo. And not much point getting it before wide availability of native content.

and it is inches, of cause, my mistake.

the 4k tvs I saw on demo were really nice, so definately want one!

T

theflyingwasp

I'm at 60inches just now I would only go up only to 70 or 75 inches wether it's Normal HD or 4k the quality at that size is always going to be expensive.even in 3 years time a 75inch oled will still cost thousands.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
simonlewis said:

As always, this is as much about software revenues as hardware sales, especially for Sony, which has huge film catalogues it can repurpose on 4K home video. I can't face the prospect of buying all of my favourite films again (following VHS, DVD, and 1080p Blu-ray purchases).

One of the difficulties lies in the speed at which new technology is implemented and old formats rendered obsolete. 4K hardware and software will be displaced by 8K hardware and software. There are limits to what most people are willing (or able) to spend.

Consumers are being asked to regard expensive purchases as rapidly disposable items; and entertainment hardware and software producers seem increasingly out of touch with market realities.

T

theflyingwasp

When the red ray player or whatever it's called is released and When i can afford my 75inchn4k TV I will except it and move on with the better technology.but it's the rebuying of the movies that angers me nobody will be forcing me to upgrade from blu ray to red ray but when my favourite films come out on red ray etc i will buy them again if the review say it blows away my blu ray copy but eventually I will just end up buying all the movies I have on red ray .................then 8k will be coming out,VHS to DVD was a easy choice for movie fans DVD to blu ray not so easy a lot of older films look no better on blu ray than they did on DVD ,it will be the same with red ray but as a movie fan I want the best edition of the movie available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts