New pana plasma old av amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all

Yet again i come here looking for a definitive answer to what i thought should be a straight forward answer??????

I have just purchased a Pioneer BDP-51 FD blu-ray player...... a brand spanking new Panasonic TX-P42G10 should arrive in next few days and and Atacama Equinox AVI rack to place my hard earned equipment on.

Now i have to order a HDMI lead, the question is do i order 1 or 2 leads due to the fact my yamaha has a HDMI input but only scales upto 1080i..... so is it just the one from blu-ray to tv and co-axial giving standard 5.1 OR order 2 leads and link to the yamaha amp that doesn't decode the hi-def formats but listen to an Linear PCM signal and watch a 1080i picture..........

I have asked this question before but have since heard that a 1080p signal won't pass through the AV amp.

A little confused still ........ and desperate to order 1 or 2 HDMI leads.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Which Yamaha amp do you have? It may only upscale to 1080i but that doesn't mean it won't pass a 1080p signal from your Blu Ray player to your TV, sniffing out the LPCM audio in the process.

A

Anonymous

...Sorry, I missed the bit about you already being told that it won't pass through 1080p. Which Yamaha amp do you have? You'll probably find that 1080i still looks pretty good. A 1080i50 or 60 signal contains all the original video or film frames. It's just that each frame is split across two or more fields. It's a relatively simple job for your Blu Ray player to turn the 1080p typically found on the disc into 1080i. Most HDTVs do a good job of deinterlacing 1080i to turn it back into 1080p.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts