New- Musical Fidelity M6 Encore 225 - all-in-one system.

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Musical Fidelity M6 Encore 225.

Scant detail at the moment, possibly 2 models with different power outputs.

Inc. CD player, Streamer, on-board HDD storage, DAC, Integrated Amp with high power output.

Full colour display, 7 or 8 digital in (USB, 2x co-ax, 2x optical), 3x line in, digital and analogue out, network connections.

12705697_708266939310062_2936363995360546616_n.jpg

3.jpg

z

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Looks gorgeous.
thumbs_up.gif

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
It will allow an ugrade to SSD in the future.

Thanks David, but what did you mean by "...in the future"? If one purchases the unit shouldn't I be able to switch out the default harddrive unit with an SSD by yourself at will? Or perhaps it doesn't work that way?

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
They've had another stab at the all in one. The kw250s was a beast!

WOW! Never knew of the KW250... what a beast indeed! (and quite the beauty too!)

The new Encore 225 seem almost puny by comparison?

1kW250_2_front_150307.jpg

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Unless I missed it the Cyrus Lyric Stealth doesn't have internal HDD storage though?

And the price seems to land at about the same in my country.

So, if the above is correct the MF unit offer more for around the same money.

RustyZip

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
For me the Musical Fidelity room playing their "Encore" at the Bristol show was the best sound of the whole show !

Not bad for an "all-in-one" !

Other equipment used with it was some Nordost cables and the B&W new 804 floostanders with the grey cones.

Damn awesome !

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Paulq I've ordered one I hope to get it some time this month not heard one yet but if it has the MF sound I will be more than happy, as soon as I get it I will post a review

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
toyota man said:
Hi Paulq I've ordered one I hope to get it some time this month not heard one yet but if it has the MF sound I will be more than happy, as soon as I get it I will post a review

Great - I have never heard one or, for that matter, anything MF so I am very curious. I'll be interested to read your review and thanks.

I have been looking for the MF iOS app so I could have a squiz at that but there no longer appears to be one - do you know if there is or am I missing something?

Hope you enjoy it!

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Paulq I am sure there is a control app I have just done a quick search of the app store but drew a blank, I was lucky about 3 years ago I was looking to upgrade my CDP and I had a few dems at my local dealers who I bought hifi from for over 20 years and I noticed that rather than let me decide what I liked that they were pushing one brand so hard it put me off going back so I popped into to my local Seven Oaks and they were happy to let me have equipment on home dem over the weekend and then I found the sound I realy liked which was Musical Fedelity first off I had an M6i amp and a Roksan Caspian CDP and then I upgraded to an M6500i and a little later on I swapped my Roksan for a Musical Fedelity CDP and to say that I am looking forward to the Encore would be an Understatement like a kid before Christmas , I am now going to have another search for that app I am sure there is one

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
toyota man said:
Hi Paulq I am sure there is a control app I have just done a quick search of the app store but drew a blank, I was lucky about 3 years ago I was looking to upgrade my CDP and I had a few dems at my local dealers who I bought hifi from for over 20 years and I noticed that rather than let me decide what I liked that they were pushing one brand so hard it put me off going back so I popped into to my local Seven Oaks and they were happy to let me have equipment on home dem over the weekend and then I found the sound I realy liked which was Musical Fedelity first off I had an M6i amp and a Roksan Caspian CDP and then I upgraded to an M6500i and a little later on I swapped my Roksan for a Musical Fedelity CDP and to say that I am looking forward to the Encore would be an Understatement like a kid before Christmas , I am now going to have another search for that app I am sure there is one

Hi TM, did your unit arrived yet...? I'm looking to the Encore as my next upgrade route, will have to go to Madrid or Barcelona to have a demo, no MF dealer in Portugal...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I'm looking to the Encore as my next upgrade route, will have to go to Madrid or Barcelona to have a demo, no MF dealer in Portugal...
Hello my friend...is the old upgrade bug beginning to bite, then. *wink*

Have you considered a solution from Pathos, like Ethos or Inpol/Remix. I have also been impressed with the mix of Linn DS and Arcam A39.

The MF is an interesting looking product, but it's based on the M6, which I'm not sure will sound as well as your Pathos...but that's a hunch and shouldn't stop your dem.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I'm looking to the Encore as my next upgrade route, will have to go to Madrid or Barcelona to have a demo, no MF dealer in Portugal...
Hello my friend...is the old upgrade bug beginning to bite, then. *wink*

Have you considered a solution from Pathos, like Ethos or Inpol/Remix. I have also been impressed with the mix of Linn DS and Arcam A39.

The MF is an interesting looking product, but it's based on the M6, which I'm not sure will sound as well as your Pathos...but that's a hunch and shouldn't stop your dem.

hi Cno and thanks for jumping in, you might be right about the sound quality gap, but this "things" (all in one solutions) need to be looked as "one" and the DAC quality do have an important role in all the equation. I never demo a MF DAC don't know how my "old" Rega DAC stills holds on...

Also got an eye on the Hegel 160, Pass Labs INT 150 and Pathos Lògos with internal DAC, but first will upgrade my X12 for some Dynaudio C1, cannot se myself having another speaker brand, and I need more power to feed the C1s , 80wpc will not be enough.

Lets see where i end up...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
hi Cno and thanks for jumping in, you might be right about the sound quality gap, but this "things" (all in one solutions) need to be looked as "one" and the DAC quality do have an important role in all the equation. I never demo a MF DAC don't know how my "old" Rega DAC stills holds on...

Also got an eye on the Hegel 160, Pass Labs INT 150 and Pathos Lògos with internal DAC, but first will upgrade my X12 for some Dynaudio C1, cannot se myself having another speaker brand, and I need more power to feed the C1s , 80wpc will not be enough. 

Lets see where i end up...
I didn't know you could get the Logos with an Internal DAC...that would be a great solution, if the Class A InpolRemix had too little power for your needs....though it would sound great with some Harbeths, Audio Notes or Proacs. *diablo*

I would also throw some Diapason speakers into the mix.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts