Musical Fidelity M6 DAC

Florestander

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I already have an M6 Encore 225 player and this is connected to a Bluesound Node. I am thinking of purchasing the M6 DAC to partner these sources. Noting that the Encore has the Musical fidelity M^ integrated amplifier, built in, I am unsure whether it also has a DAC stage or whether if I purchase the M6 DAC as a separate unit whether i will simply be squandering otherwise useful cash.
Do any forum members have any experience of these pieces of kit and what would your thoughts be? Would this represent a sensibe upgrade that would result in a discernible sound difference? (I think this may be the case where the source is music streamed through the Bluesound, but may be wrong, but am less sure about any benefit where the source is teh encore 225 itself)

Any thoughts?....

I already have an M6 Encore 225 player and this is connected to a Bluesound Node. I am thinking of purchasing the M6 DAC to partner these sources. Noting that the Encore has the Musical fidelity M^ integrated amplifier, built in, I am unsure whether it also has a DAC stage or whether if I purchase the M6 DAC as a separate unit whether i will simply be squandering otherwise useful cash.
Do any forum members have any experience of these pieces of kit and what would your thoughts be? Would this represent a sensibe upgrade that would result in a discernible sound difference? (I think this may be the case where the source is music streamed through the Bluesound, but may be wrong, but am less sure about any benefit where the source is teh encore 225 itself)

Any thoughts?....
Sorry, you have the Encore 225 and you don't know if it has a DAC stage?
Or am I missing something here?
If it does then the best upgrade you can make is, like analogue, the source itself

Florestander

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Thank you both.

My original post should have said 'good' DAC stage. So a bit of a typo there - and by the word 'good' I mean of a high quality. Perhaps this would be expected from MF but sometimes separate boxes do improve upon what is already bundled in one box by the original, and same, manufacturer.

Nevertheless, bearing in mind AI Ears' comment above, it may be worth considering that those of us who post on this forum are not all technical experts and what may seem simple or obvious to some, is not necessarily the same for others - myself included. I post or respond as appropriate in this forum a on the basis that knowledge shared, tips, advice and help offered in a collaborative and positive manner is a valuable tool an resource> It can improve the knowledge and experience of fellow enthusiasts, whatever stage in their hi-fi journey that they may have arrived at. The comment made in response to my original post could be interpreted quite negatively. I hope that this was not the intention

Thank you both.

My original post should have said 'good' DAC stage. So a bit of a typo there - and by the word 'good' I mean of a high quality. Perhaps this would be expected from MF but sometimes separate boxes do improve upon what is already bundled in one box by the original, and same, manufacturer.

Nevertheless, bearing in mind AI Ears' comment above, it may be worth considering that those of us who post on this forum are not all technical experts and what may seem simple or obvious to some, is not necessarily the same for others - myself included. I post or respond as appropriate in this forum a on the basis that knowledge shared, tips, advice and help offered in a collaborative and positive manner is a valuable tool an resource> It can improve the knowledge and experience of fellow enthusiasts, whatever stage in their hi-fi journey that they may have arrived at. The comment made in response to my original post could be interpreted quite negatively. I hope that this was not the intention
To answer your intended original question, not sure a separate Dac will improve things. If it was a budget all-in-one I would say it's certainly worth exploring. But as your Encore is mid-high end bundle I'm not sure if the investment of the M6 Dac will be justified. As always, only a demo will tell you.

Reactions: Al ears

Florestander

May 8, 2021
Visit site
To answer your intended original question, not sure a separate Dac will improve things. If it was a budget all-in-one I would say it's certainly worth exploring. But as your Encore is mid-high end bundle I'm not sure if the investment of the M6 Dac will be justified. As always, only a demo will tell you.
Thank you Plastic Penguin.

TRENDING THREADS